My hooded eye, I have noticed my right is worse than left. Are there any natural remedies to help? (photo)

After 3 kids and weight gain and stress of course over the years I have noticed my right eye is worse than my left. That also is the side that suffered bel palsey when I was younger. Is there any natural remedies that could help. I am only 32 and do not eant to consider surgery at this time but it does bother my sight also....I can see my eye lid and I have to widen my eyes just to see clear

My hooded eye, I have noticed my right is worse than left. Are there any natural remedies to help?

As with roughly 90% of all people, the right side of your face is smaller than your left. This means you're right bony orbit is lower than your left, which includes your right brow. For your interest, start watching people and you will notice that in most people, their right pupil is generally lower than their left pupil.

Of course, there are limitations as to what we can do for asymmetries. To give the appearance of more symmetry in your situation, I would suggest ThermiSmooth radio frequency treatments. This could elevate your right brow and even your right upper eyelid. There is no discomfort to the treatments and no recovery time needed.

There are other more temporary treatments that can be performed such as Botox or Dysport injections. 

Ultimately, you may decide to have a right brow lift and may be even a right upper lid blepharoplasty to excise a small amount of excess skin in your right upper eyelid. These can be done under local anesthesia as an office procedure.

Thank you for your question, and I wish you the best of luck.

Uneven Upper Eyelids

The cause of your uneven upper eyelids is due asymmetries in the facial structure.  By just looking at your picture, your right eyebrow is lower as well.  This is likely contributing to the asymmetry.  Non-surgical treatements with fillers and Botox can help improve the asymmetry.  A long term result would require surgery on the upper eyelids and to correct the differences in the brow height.  This could like be completed in the office under local anesthesia.

You have options

Thank you for your question. The photo shows that your right brow is lower than the left, causing the heavier fold above the right upper eyelid. Given you history of Bell's Palsy, We should first determine whether you have a residual weakness of the right eyebrow/forehead muscle, in which case, surgical elevation of the brow would be necessary, with or without an eyelid lift (blepharoplasty). Botox could be used to lift the brow, only if the forehead muscle functions normally. So an evaluation would be necessary to properly advise you. Fillers can also be used to raise the eyebrow, alone, or in combination with Botox or surgery. 

Elba Pacheco, MD
Annapolis Oculoplastic Surgeon

There is no substitute for an actual personal consultation.

You have a heavy right upper eyelid fold and this is not going to be fixed by natural remedies.  Unless of course you consider Botox, or fillers a natural remedy.  This is likely best approached surgically with an upper eyelid surgery with or without forehead surgery.  If you decide on surgery, considering getting several opinions from different surgeons.