Masseter reduction with Botox changes act profile ? (photos)

The asymmetry on the right side is due to jawline & masseter muscle I am told. I have met with 2 plastic surgeons. One told me that Botox will help but the other said that the masseter muscle impacts the facial structure / profile ONLY while chewing or teeth clenched I have seen several before and after Botox where the profile of the face seems chAnged. But I don't know if that happens only when teen are clenched (for chewing etc) or that has an impact even when the face is relaxed. Thanks much !

Botox and Masseter Muscle

Botox can be definitely be used to help make it symmetric.  Botox in the masseter muscle is an excellent way to have non-surgical facial slimming and make it more symmetric.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox for facial asymmetry and masseters

Botox can absolutely be used to correct facial asymmetries. Botox injection into your right masseter muscle would reduce muscle bulk and help address the facial asymmetry. It may require multiple treatments to see the muscle reduce in size though. 

Botox and Masseter Reduction

Botox injections into your masseter muscles can be very effective to balance  facial asymmetries.  Multiple treatments are typically required.

Best regards, Dr. P

Asymmetry Solution

Botox in your masseter can absolutely help asymmetry. Usually you'll get the best results when it is combined with some fillers to contour the entire jawline or radiofrequency treatments to tighten and shape. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox & Masseter Reduction

Dear daisychuck:

Botox injections into your masseter muscles can definitely help to balance your facial asymmetry.  Results might take 3-6 months to become fully apparent.  Best wishes.

Botox and Masseter

I have used Botox for my patients with prominent masseter and the results are visible at rest as well. 

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Masseter Botox reduces the bulk of the muscle

So the changes are seen even without clinching. I would make sure that both sides are treated. If asymmetric use of Botox is used, the jaw might be torqued in an unusual manner and lead to pressure on the jaw joint.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Masseter and Botox

Injection of the masseter can certainly decrease the heaviness of your face with more given on your right than left. it will take a lot of Botox and will also take more than one session

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Masseter muscle and Botox

Botox can be used to soften hypertrophic master muscles. I warn patients that a single treatment may not be effective, and repeated treatment will slowly shrink the muscle down.  Best of luck.

Masseter botox

Hello and thank you for your question. If you have hypertrophy of the masseter muscle, botox is extremely effective in treating this.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD