Is it worth it to get a revision for 50cc to even out breasts?

I'm a week post op from my second BA. At my consult the surgeon noted some asymmetry and said I need 50cc more in the left. My right breast looks like it dropped and it feels completely fine. My left one is really tight right now and looks higher and a lot fuller. I know the size difference is about 4 tbsp but right now it is very noticeable and I was wondering if it would be worth it to go through a revision if once it drops it's still noticeably bigger?

At one week post-op, the difference is due more to swelling than just over 3 tablespoons difference. Even at 6-12 months, it there remains a visible difference, then it would be almost certainly due to a discrepancy of at least 60cc or more, as 50cc would likely be scarcely visible.

Thus, in my humble opinion, the answer is almost always "No." Perhaps even if money is no object, there are always (minimal) risks associated with surgery, and this minor of a change would not be worth even a minuscule risk. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

50 cc in breast augmentation

One week is far too early to judge your overall outcome after your surgery. However, that does not mean that you are incorrect. Keep in mind that 50 mL is only roughly the volume of a shot glass. Undergoing a subsequent surgery for that small a change may not be worth the effort or associated risks.Continue to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you progress as planned.  Best of luck, Vincent Marin, MD San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Vincent P. Marin, MD