Was is my vagina too tight and painful, unpenetrable after 9 months of surgery?

Are my sutures too tight?. Did he close me too tight.? I feel castrated. I need help! I had a total abdominal hysterectomy in December 2016 and during the procedure the doctor offered to do a vaginal rejuvenation. I agreed so long as it wasn't too tight. Almost a year later, it is too painful to have intercourse. During entry and penetration. I've tried dialators and nothing works. I feel castrated.

If someone offers you a vaginal rejuvenation for free and you didn't ask for one, just say no.

I can think of no expert in cosmetic gynecology or pelvic reconstructive surgery who would offer to "toss in" a vaginal tightening procedure during any hysterectomy. A well done vaginoplasty often takes longer to perform than a hysterectomy. Nonetheless, you have a problem that needs fixing. The first step is to schedule a consultation to see exactly what portions of the vagina are too tight. The solution may be a simple revision, a more involved flap or z-plasty, or even a neo-vagina. Don't despair.

Not a Normal Recovery

Thank you for sharing your experiences; I am sorry you are having these complications.  I would assume that you have spoken to your surgeon about this and he or she has recommended dilators.  Usually, that will work, but obviously, not for you.  If you are not getting any other solutions for your problems, then you will need to find another surgeon, unfortunately, as you will likely require revision surgery.  Look for either a board certified plastic surgeon who does a lot of vaginal surgery or, preferably, a double boarded gyn or urogyn surgeon - that is board certified in both Gyn and Cosmetic Surgery and also one who has a lot of experience in cosmetic vaginal surgery.  Best of luck!

Was my vagina too tight and painful 9 months after surgery?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your difficulties after a hysterectomy and vaginoplasty.  Without knowing the full details of your procedures, I would recommend seeing your surgeon for an in-person evaluation to diagnose the cause of your discomfort and inability at dilation.  If you had a perineoplasty performed that left your vaginal opening too narrow, you may require a revision procedure to correct your symptoms. Best wishes.