Any suggestion of transferring fat to my face while doing a abdominoplasty?

Planning to do a fat transfer to my face while having a tummy tuck. Any opinions on this or is fillers a better choice?

Transferring fat to my face while doing a abdominoplasty?

It is certainly possible to have fat injections to the face at the time of a tummy tuck. There are advantages and disadvantages of both fat and fillers. Fillers produce a  temporary improvement while generally 30-50% of the fat lasts permanently. Ultimately fat may be more cost effective than fillers.
 The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. 

Robert Singer, MD FACS 

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting to face versus filler with abdominoplasty

Thank you for your question.
Without evaluating you in person this is difficult to council you however a couple things to consider.
Fillers will have a significant cost for the filler itself. Your own fat will not have a cost other than harvesting and processing which would be pretty fast in the volumes typically required for the face.
Many plastic surgeons will be doing liposuction during the abdominoplasty anyways so it would be quite easy to capture some of it to then inject.
Fat that survives transfer should be permanent versus a filler that will not.
My recommendation is consult with a board certified plastic surgeon that feels comfortable with these procedures and can explain in detail  his or her plan for your surgery.
Best Dr. L

Andre Levesque, MD