Will my skin get better? (Photo)

I performed a TCA 25% peel on my skin three days ago and now my skin is pink. I wanted to treat my acne scars and dark spots but they're still there. I want to know how can i treat this problem? Did i use the wrong chemical peel?

Too high a concentration of TCA peel

That is not a good concentration for your skin type. Like Dr Emer suggest, I also think you should see a Dermatologist to prevent PIH or skin darkening- this will happen. In the mean time concentrate on sun protection, and wound healing. Reference video for a SAFE peel concentration, anything higher... see a specialist. We often combine peels, lasers and creams to treat acne scars and pigmentation, not just peels. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Chemical peels

Thank you for your question Unique_lee24. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Chemical peels are used to enhance the appearance of the face. TCA is a prescription-strength product that should be applied by a licensed medical professional. For my patients with darker skin types I recommend using a regimen of topical products including hydroquinone, kojic acid, and vitamin C for several weeks before and after a treatment. Wound care after a peel consists of keeping the skin moist and occluding it with an intense moisturizer such as Vaseline or Aquaphor. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

I suggest you see an expert, this needs proper skin care at this time and preventative treatment for hyperpigmentation.  Best, Dr. Emer.