When is it okay to sit down after your bbl using the bbl pillow?

Hi! I'm a college student who's missing class for a bbl ( sorry mom) my surgery is on the 27th, I need to be in Miami on the 26th and I was wondering if I can just leave after the second day check up the 28th so I don't miss too many classes. Is it recommended that I just miss a week of class rather then hop on the plane the day after the surgery? Thank you !

It is important to consult with your plastic surgeon because every surgeon has a slightly different post operative protocol. I recommend to my patients that they do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must go back to class before three weeks, I definitely do recommend purchasing a BBL pillow and getting up every 15-20 minutes to walk around until you are at least three weeks post op. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon