When is it okay to sit down after your bbl using the bbl pillow?

Hi! I'm a college student who's missing class for a bbl ( sorry mom) my surgery is on the 27th, I need to be in Miami on the 26th and I was wondering if I can just leave after the second day check up the 28th so I don't miss too many classes. Is it recommended that I just miss a week of class rather then hop on the plane the day after the surgery? Thank you !

BBL

It is important to consult with your plastic surgeon because every surgeon has a slightly different post operative protocol. I recommend to my patients that they do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must go back to class before three weeks, I definitely do recommend purchasing a BBL pillow and getting up every 15-20 minutes to walk around until you are at least three weeks post op. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon