Do you have a procedure to tighten sagging arm skin?

My arms have lost muscle mass so much that I look like an 80 year old woman and I need them tightened back up

Arm lift arm reduction arm liposuction brachioplasty long arm scar mini arm lift modified T arm lift crescent arm lift

Hi Sandysizemore,
Thank you for your question about an arm lift or arm reduction.  Since you describe loss of muscle mass, your arm skin was previously stretched and then attempted to contract.   Now, you are left with loose hanging arm skin.  The only real way to remove loose hanging arm skin is with direct arm skin removal.  The procedure is called an arm lift, or more accurately, an arm reduction or brachioplasty.  
Without pictures and a thorough a physical examination is difficult to determine which type of arm lift you will require.  There is a crescent arm lift.  There is a modified-T arm lift.  There is a longitudinal arm lift.  Each arm lift addresses different areas of the arm.  Each arm lift leaves a different type of scar.  
The arm lift procedure takes about 3 to 4 hours and is performed under general anesthesia.  Most patients are able to return to work after about seven to ten days.  
If you have any more questions regarding an arm lift, arm reduction, or brachioplasty, please contact my office.  
J. Timothy Katzen, MD

Arm lift?

It's hard to get an assessment of what your condition is without seeing you or photos. It sounds like you may need an arm lift. I recommend you see a board-certified plastic surgeon. I wish you the best. Dr. Gabbay.

Joubin Gabbay, MD

A procedure to tighten sagging arm skin

Sagging arm skin is most often treated with an arm lift; also known as a brachioplasty. In this procedure, excess skin is removed from the inner aspect of the arm. This excision of skin results in a scar that runs alond the inner aspect of the upper arm. The length of the scar is commensurate with the severity of the problem and the amount of skin removed. If there is an issue with excess fat in the upper arm, liposuction can be included as part of the procedure.

Owen Reid, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Arm Lift

Thank you for your inquiry. The best arm tightening procedure would be a brachioplasty. A brachioplasty is a procedure to remove excess skin and fatty tissue from the upper arm. Arm tissue relaxes and descends with aging, gravity, and weight loss. A precise clinical assessment is essential and will determine the extent of the surgery to be performed. Location of scars will also be discussed. Recovery post brachioplasty takes one to two weeks. Swelling is generally mild to moderate, and peaks at 2 to 3 days. While each person’s recovery is unique, bruising and swelling after an arm lift generally lasts 1 to 2 weeks. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for best results. Hope this helped!

Tightening Sagging Arm Skin

The best and most predictable way of removing loose arm skin and tightening the arms is with an Arm Lift (Brachioplasty). The operation leaves a scar along the inner aspect of the arm but removes all the loose skin.
Consult a Plastic surgeon who is a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) wwwplasticsurgeryorg for a list of surgeons closer to you.

Dr. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN

Thank you for your question.  To tighten sagging arm skin and improve arm contour, consider an arm lift (brachioplasty).  This procedure eliminates excess loose skin of the arm.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Procedure is called brachioplasty

Arm skin and tissues can be tightened and shaped up with Brachioplasty. Seek consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area. 

Vasdev Rai, MD