How long does swelling it take for cheekbones to stop looking distorted from fat transfer with a full face lift?

I am 43 and wanted to fix my rapidly declining lower face and neck. Dr suggested adding the fat transfer. I am 6 weeks from the lift and transfer and I still look distorted and I'm worried I am stuck this way. I am 43 and originally had it done because I was unhappy with my lips, lower face and neck. My check bones are still way too big near my hairline is making my eyes look sunk in. My income depends on my looks so I'm starting to get really worried. My dr says it looks fantastic but I don't like it.

Fat Transfer to Lips, Final Results?

Results take up to 12 weeks to see. I suggest you wait till swelling subsides and then decide on the final outcomes.  Best, Dr. Emer.

6 weeks post fat/face

Since you are only 6 weeks I would massage to see if you can eleiminate some of the swelling and hardness.This will take time but by a few months you should be where you will settle.Also it is a simple matter to suction some of the fat out if you feel there is too much.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

I don't know the details of the procedures performed or seen before and after photos. After doing 25 years of fat grafting I can tell you that I tell patients it will be 3 to 4 months to see the finished result.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon