I want a tummy tuck and a BBL, could I have both at the same time?...If not, which one is recommended to have done first?

Yes.  They can be performed at the same time by an expert board certified plastic surgeon who can keep the operative time to 4 hours and has uncompromising results.

Beverly Hills, CA

The short answer is yes, but

The answer is yes, they can be performed together, however, in my professional opinion, they should not be.
If you read reviews from this website, most patients having these procedures performed at the same time, are in too much discomfort, and would not recomend their experience.
In the vast majority of patients that require the two procedures, I recomend the tummy tuck first, then the BBL. This allows me to lipo sculpt the abdomen on the harvesting stage.
Be sure you seek the help of a plastic surgeon member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, this will assure you of their proper credentials. 

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

CAN a Tummy Tuck be done together with a BBL?

CAN a Tummy Tuck be done together with a BBL? The short answer is - in some women it can be done together IF they are willing to put up with a more challenging recovery.

The determining factors would be your anatomy (just how much the muscles need to be tightened, how much fat needs to be removed from the deep layer of the tummy, how much fat would be needed and could be transferred to the buttocks) and just how much of a recovery you would be willing to undertake.

Peter Aldea MD
Memphis, TN

TT & BBL

Dear msnelle,

Yes it is possible to combine both procedures. These are the most common procedures combined in plastic surgery. You have to be in a very good pre-op condition and qualify first, and also have enough fat on the back to be transferred to the buttock area. Best wishes.   

Kelvin Eusebio, MD

BBL & Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. Yes it is possible to have both a BBL and a tummy tuck performed the same day depending on individual candidacy. I suggest an in person exam to determine your candidacy for both procedures.

Dr. Leonard Lu

Leonard Lu, MD

It is possible to have a Brazilian Butt Lift and tummy tuck at the same time

It is possible to combine procedures such as a BBL and a tummy tuck at the same time.  It will depend on your anatomy and health.  Some people do not have enough fat for a BBL to be effective.  It is nice to combine procedures because of cost savings and recovery times.  Please visit with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in these types of procedures to maximize your final result.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon