I am 22 yrs old (215 lbs) can I do a lot CoolSculpting sessions,(scared of surgery)? Risks in doing too many sessions? (photos)

I am 22 yrs old, weight: 215 lbs. I want to know is cool sculpting is good for me? I completely understand I won't look like a victoria's secret model with one procedure, nor two. Since I am scared of surgery I prefer something non invasive like cool sculpting. I am willing to do a lot of cool sculpting procedures. Can it be done with my stomach, I just want a smaller waist (not something better). I know I'm overweight, I just want to know if I can do it, even if results aren't model status.

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. Each cycle will reduce your subcutaneous fat by 20 to 25%.As long as you can pinch the fat, you can freeze it.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Multiple treatment sessions with CoolSculpting

Based on your photos and apparent "pinchability" of the fat, you seem to be a good candidate for CoolSculpting. With each treatment cycle you will see a 20-25% reduction in the subcutaneous fat. Multiple treatments are common and are usually done in 90 day intervals. A good diet and exercise, combined with the CoolSculpting will give you best results. Hope this helps.

Shaun Patel, MD
Miami Physician

Is coolsculpting for me?

Provided you are otherwise healthy, you absolutely can see an improvement with coolsculpting.  Please post after your treatments so people can see what a difference it made.  Good luck!  

Sacha Obaid, MD

Multiple CS sessions are safe

Hi jessicabroth. The orientation and amount of pinchable fat is essential to devising a CS plan of which applicators to use and how many sessions are required, hence an exam is key for every patient (not just pics).  Larger applicators can provide more coverage (debulking effect) initially, and 3months later, if necessary a second session can be completed to spot treat and refine your result.  To date, I have not needed to treat any one area in the same patient more than twice, as there is a 20-25% reduction in thickness with each session.  Be sure to consult with a provider with experience and advanced training through Coolsculpting Unviersity.  Best wishes,

Vaishali B. Doolabh, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Multiple sessions of Coolsculpting

Thank you for your question.  You can indeed have multiple sessions Coolsculpting for a more dramatic result.  In addition, you do appear to be a good candidate for  such a treatment.  Though, please realize that You may be left with the appearance of some excess skin in the abdomen as a result.   I suggest you consult with a provider with a good deal of experience in the procedure, preferably one who has attended the Coolsculpting University training course.  Hope this helps!

Nicholas Tarola, MD

Multiple sessions of CoolSculpting

Dear jessicabroth:

You can, indeed have multiple sessions of CoolSculpting to reduce fat in different areas, and some patients do prefer doing this to having liposuction.  Many practitioners will map out a complete treatment plan for you and offer significant reductions for multiple areas and sessions.

All the best,   Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

CoolSculpting: Is there a limit?

Coolsculpt is best for people whose weight is stable because of healthy diet and exercise. It works best for areas resistant to diet and exercise. Having said that, there is no clear limit as to how many sessions or treatments can be done. Generally, about 25% of fat cells are killed with the first treatment and these cells are excreted from the body. If you need additional procedures, as a general rule, there shouldn't be any problems. Best option is to see a doctor who performs the procedure and discuss further with him or her. Good luck.

Andrew Kaufman, MD

How many Coolsculpting procedures can I do?

There is no limit to the amount of procedures one can do. The results will continue to get better after each treatment. There is no risk of doing too many. Another option is Vanquish, which gets a larger surface area during its treatment.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Is there such thing as too much CoolSculpting?

Hello jessicabroth,

Thank you for your question and photos. CoolSculpting is an excellent tool for a non-invasive permanent fat removal. It appears you have a good understanding of the procedure in that with each cycle you can be expected to have about a 25% reduction of the fat in that particular area. From your photos it appears there is "pinchable fat" which is ideal for the CoolSculpting procedure. Thus if you are looking to lessen your waist line, treat bra rolls, lower flanks, inner/outer thighs, under the chin or arms it would undoubtedly require multiple treatments of the area to achieve your desired results. There is no data to support the notion of "too much or too many cycles". On going weight loss/exercise will undoubtedly improve not only your overall health but the ultimate appearance you desire. This is an important concept because weight loss is not expected with CoolSculpting no matter how many cycles you have. Having said that there can be no substitute for an in person consultation with a trained professional (CoolSculpting University sponsored by Zeltiq) to make a treatment plan to meet your desires. Be well.  

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Coolsculpting and Results

Coolsclupting is a great procedure and you will have results in the abdomen.  However, I would diet and exercise so that you can get to your ideal weight.  Vanquish in combination with Coolsculpting will also help considerably.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD