41 days until my procedure and I need to lose 25 pounds. So you all think it's possible?

I've been a member for some time now and this is my first post. I'm have a mini mommy make over (TT)....41 days until my procedure and I need to lose 25 pounds.... I need help... I have already put down a huge amount and will pay the small balance on the day of

Find the right surgeon as weight should be stable!

Far more important than deciding if TT is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that! See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

Weight loss

It is unrealistic and unhealthy to lose that amount of weight in such a short period of time.  I suggest contacting your surgeon about your situation to discuss whether to proceed with surgery at a higher weight or postpone it to give you additional time to reach your goal weight.  Good luck.

Camille Cash, MD

Pressure to lose weight before surgery

Thank you for your question.  If you and your surgeon have agreed to do the surgery at a certain weight, consider postponing because losing 25 lbs in 41 days is not healthy nor advisable.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Weight loss before a TT?

I think it's unrealistic to lose that much weight in a short period of time and probably not a healthy course to take.  If your surgeon knows 5 weeks in advance that you need to reschedule for that reason I don't think that it will be a problem.  Definitely avoid diet pills or teas....

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

DrDErby

It is a very short period of time to lose this weight. I do not think it is very realistic. I would recommend you to talk to your surgeon and see if you can postpone your procedure, to give yourself a bit more time. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Should I lose 25 lbs before surgery?

This amount of weight is too much to try to lose in that short amount of time without harming your health.  You should either speak with your surgeon about a more realistic weight loss goal in that period of time, or delay your surgery to achieve you optimal weight loss result.  Hope this helps!
--
Erik Hoy, MD
Rhode Island Plastic Surgeon

Erik Hoy, MD
Warwick Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss before surgery

Thanks for your question. Weight loss needs to be done in a healthy way. Too much too quick is not good for your body and 25 pounds in six weeks is really pushing it. Crash diets generally fail. Behavior modification has to go hand in hand with a healthy diet.

Beyond that it is important to have good and stable weight for at least six weeks before surgery. Your body needs appropriate nutrition to heal well. If you diet until the day of surgery your risks go up. You are already in thert six week window.

Any reasonable plastic surgeon would allow you to reschedule with six weeks advance notice (don't wait until the last minute). As physicians we want our patients to be at their goal weight, but in a healthy way. I would even encourage it.

Hope this helps.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Mommy make-over - lose 25 pounds in 41 days/

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• You cannot lose this amount of weight safely in 41 days.
  • However you can safely lose about 12 pounds by limited your food to 1600 calories a day and increasing your exercise to an hour of vigorous aerobic exercise a day.
  • It is not wise to go in to surgery from a crash diet and such dieting can lead to serious food disorders.
  • Please contact your plastic surgeon to be sure that you can have your surgery, even if you are not able to lose the surgery.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Weight loss preop

I don't think it is possible to safely lose 25 lbs in 41 days, 10-15 is more reasonable.  I personally don't think the extra weight would cause a problem but you need to have a serious conversation with your surgeon to see what he or she says.  Good luck, Jane

Stable Weight is Advisable for a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. It is best to undergo #MommyMakeover procedures when your weight has been stable for at least one year.

In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity.