After rhinoplasty does your nose shape change, or basically just need to find the right doctor?

On this website some people have gotten surgery multiple times and they're nose keeps changing that's very scary to me ...I'm guessing that just has to do with finding the right doctor? I know our noses always change but the change should only be slight after a good rhinoplasty right? If any at all...

Rhinoplasty

Changes to the nose depend upon m any factors and what needs to be accomplished. My goal is to give the most natural result and yet achieve the patient's goals.

Rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty is one of my favorite surgeries because it is complex. It requires expertise, skill and an artistic eye. So, finding the right surgeon is vitally important. When a rhinoplasty is done correctly the first time, there is no need for a revision. My best advice would be for you to find the board certified plastic surgeons in your area and then schedule 2 or 3 consultations with the ones whose nose work you like best to be assessed in person and discuss your options.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Changing nasal shape after rhinoplasty

Thanks for the question.  The most important factor in determining the postoperative appearance of a rhinoplasty result is what was done and how long after the surgery the pictures were done.  In the first month after the surgery, resolution of postoperative swelling contributes the most to the changing appearance of the nose.   Nasal bone in-fractures and an open approach can also contribute to more swelling.  I usually only looking at postoperative photos that are six months from the surgery to see the long term result.  As always, finding a board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in rhinoplasties is always good advice. 

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. It depends on your individual nasal anatomy and how your surgery is performed.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Right doctor who does scarless, closed rhinoplasty

Find the right doctor who does closed scarless rhinoplasty as 100% of his surgical practice.  This type of practice will dedicate everything to noses to preserve 80+ year results for you. Bargain with shopping, etc but not with your face and especially not with your nose. 

All the best!

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD

Changing nasal shape after a rhinoplasty procedure

Finding the right surgeon who is very experienced is important to get a natural and consistent rhinoplasty result.  Even the most experienced surgeons have a 10 to 20% touch-up rate, since the nose heals in a three-dimensional  fashion with the contraction forces of the healing process.