Do I need a recovery house after BBL? I'm travelling from Europe with my sister to help me.

just researching now. do i really need to pay for recovery house? as i have my sister to attended and look after me as i'm travelling from europe.

We recommend our patients to have someone with them the first night or two.  So you are probably ok if your sister will stay and take care of you. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Recovery after BBL

It is definitely advisable to have someone help you after BBL surgery for the first 1-2 days at all times, and for the first week overall. While a recovery house would make your recovery a little easier, I have had many out of town patients stay in a hotel for 1-2 nights after BBL and have done just fine. I think a lot of this depends on how capable the person is who is caring for you after surgery. 

Tracy Kayan, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon