How small can I go with my breast reduction?

I am currently a 34DD to DVD. I am 5 ft 5 in. 150lbs. Healthy skin, and healthy body. Is it possible to go down to a B cup from where I am?

Breast reduction, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 
After having analyzed all the information provided to us, i can realize that you have very large breasts for your height and weight, and can be responsible for head, back, neck and shoulder pain.

In the future may cause  permanent osteo-articular damage in the back and shoulders and skin problems (mainly under the breasts). For for this reasons, certainly you need a breast reduction surgery.

Kind regards

It can be difficult to get the breast down to a B in many cases. The surgery is not just about making the breast smaller but also we want to create a very attractive shape. That shape can be damaged if we try and go too small. But your question specific to you can only be answered after an exam so so a very experienced surgeon for your consult. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

The final size will depend on the thickness of the flaps of tissue needed to maintain blood supply. Please check breast reduction specialist .com 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Yes, it is possible to reduce the breasts size very significantly. The concern with the amount of tissue removed is related to blood flow to the remaining tissue; if too much tissue is removed in one operation the blood flow to the remaining tissue (including nipple/areola) may be compromised. Part of the tissue that is left in place is called the “pedicle"; this segment of tissue is responsible for delivering the blood supply to the nipple/areola tissue. If the pedicle is made too small (in the effort to reduce the breasts as much as possible) then patient will likely have problems with tissue survival. 

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. This careful selection of plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make.

Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon. Most patients wish to achieve a enough of a reduction to help with their symptoms while remaining proportionate with the remainder of their torso. I suggest that you do not communicate your goals in terms of achieving a specific cup size. For example, a “B cup” may mean different things to different people and therefore may be a source of miscommunication. In my practice, I ask patients to communicate their goals with the help of goal photographs and computer imaging.

I hope this, and the attached link/video, helps. Best wishes.