How much will my breast reduction cost?

I am choosing to pay for my reduction surgery without insurance, and wanted to know how much a breast reduction costs in Colorado, and how to find the best surgeon for my money.

How much will my breast reduction cost?

Thanks for the question. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, insurance company involvement (if any)… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Breast reduction cost

The price of cosmetic breast reduction varies greatly due to a number of different factors.  When you consult with your board certified plastic surgeon, you will get a price quote for the surgery.  Good luck!

Sincerely,

Dr. Michelle Spring

How much will a breast reduction cost?

Thank you for your question and this is a question that comes up often since insurance companies are not approving this procedure as often.  If you can't get it approved on insurance, then you will need to discuss this with plastic surgeons in your area.  Prices differ depending where you are located in the country.  I would get two or three consults and compare the costs with the experience of the surgeon.  I would caution you not to only consider price only but look at the experience of the surgeon and reviews.  Good Luck.

John D. Smoot, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon