Early Hair loss. Any suggestions? (photos)

I have 23 years, I started slowly losing my hair before 2.3 years, but now I have a huge receding hairline, I have a genetic predisposition to hair loss, but I think it went really early if this keeps up I think I'll be more to balding 28,29 years old, is it normal that baldness begins so early, there are plenty of guys who are balding already in their twenties, why is this happening so early? What am I on the norwood scale?

Men with genetic male pattern balding may experience hair loss starting after their puberty years.

Men with genetic male pattern balding may experience hair loss starting after their puberty years.  If you are concerned you can see a doctor for treatment options.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Baldness begins so early

I think that you may have a genetic type loss and it is not early.. Actually it is very hard to say final norwood scale for you . Now you have a grade 2 -3 young guy who may be a candidate for HT . Yes , it is not early for you ıf you trouble with it. To stop genetic hair loss you have to use finasteride life long that I dont recomment to my patients  .

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss with early Class 3 pattern balding

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the best test to get will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come. A transplant can manage the corner recession you are showing after you try finasteride for a year

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Surgical and Non Surgical Solutions for Hair Loss

This is very typical amongst young men. Hair loss can be caused by many factors including genetics. I recommend you look into  getting onto finasteride (oral) and minoxidil (topical) to preserve the hair you have. This will help with density along with slowing down hair loss. Ultimately if you desire to get back a full set of hair you will have to look into hair transplantation solutions. You seem to be a good candidate for FUE. Find a hair doctor specialist in your area so they can best assess what you will need.

Ben Talei, MD