How do you think that my breasts would look with a mastopexy, no implants? (Photo)

I am 20 yr, &want my breasts to match my age! No children, just unlucky with breasts. I have had a few consultations,&the board certified surgeon that I will be going with when I make a decision has given me options to do only mastopexy, or In comb with implants. Bc of the sagging, I wear a D, but only have the tissue of about a B. I don't care about being bigger or not. Just wondering opinions on if I only did the mastopexy. Also before/after pics of mastopexy only(on younger breasts)welcome!

Minimal scar breast lift. No need for breast implants

Thank you for your question and helpful photos. As a young woman or any woman who is concerned with visible scarring, long term results, preserving nipple sensitivity and the ability to breast feed; I recommend you undergo The Ultimate Breast Lift technique to greatly improve the shape and position of your breasts. Your larger breast will need to be reduced to match the smaller one. Please view the attached video to see what can now be achieved with current breast lifting techniques. Breast implants are not required to provide upper pole fullness with the UBL and neither are vertical incisions.  I hope this helps. Best wishes and kind regards,

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Thank you for your question.  You will obtain a much improved shape with a lift alone.  The addition of implants will simply add volume if you wish for your breasts to be larger.  It also appears that you have some volume asymmetry, so I would recommend removal of some tissue on the larger side for improvement.  Hope this helps.  Best wishes!

Mastopexy without Augmentation

Thank you for your question. I think if you are currently wearing a D cup, then perhaps a straight mastopexy would be your best option. Considering your young age, you may need a revision later on should they droop after children or just with natural aging. If you so desire to have an augmentation along with your lift, I'd recommend you to try on different size implant with different size bras and and a tight fitting t-shirt to see which look you'd be most pleased with. As always, please consult with your board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes!

Mary Jo Wright, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a mastopexy

Only surgery and in particular a lift will improve your appearance as you desire. Here is some general information that may be of help to you.
  • If you have sagging breasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, weight loss, or aging.
  • If the sagging is expected to be present after an implant.
  • If your nipple-areolar complexes (pigmented areas around nipples) are enlarged or not similar.
INTENDED RESULTA mastopexy or breast-lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is used for breasts that sag but are not overly large. Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as a part of aging. Pregnancy, breastfeeding, and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis (sagging). Some patients will achieve a better breast shape if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy.
Results can include:
  • An elevated, more youthful breast contour.
  • Nipple-areolar complexes of the desired size and at the correct height and similar location

Mastopexy alone should give a nice result

Based on the photographs submitted, the right breast is slightly larger than the left, a Grade 2 ptosis is present and there is a slight tubular deformity (the creases of the breast are slightly high and the areola is enlarged).This can be corrected very nicely with a lollipop mastopexy, removing a little more tissue on the right to try to achieve symmetry.  Breast implants are not needed and can always be added later in life if so desired.  This is an outpatient procedure with a quick recovery and not much pain.  Insurance WII NOT PAY for this procedure, it will be considered cosmetic.Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

How do you think that my breasts would look with a mastopexy, no implants?

A mastopexy alone should significantly improve your breast shape and appearance.  If you want upper pole fullness above the nipple areola a small implant can also be done.  You can choose to have the implant at the same time as the left or wait to see if you want implant and have it as a second procedure.  For more information please read below:

Mastopexy alone will work nicely for you

Do mastopexy without implants.  That will work nicely in your case. In your picture your right breast seems to be larger. If that indeed is the case, it can be reduced at time of mastopexy for better matching breasts. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Mastopexy alone

Thank you for your question. I feel you can expect a very nice result with a mastopexy or breast lift alone. You appear to have adequate volume and if you would rather not have an implant, then you shouldn't. A Vertical Mastopexy or Lollipop lift will allow the surgeon to elevate the position of the areola on the breast and take in  (like a tailor would) loose or excess skin of the breast. The breast will be firmer, the nipple/areolar complex elevated and the breast will look more youthful. 
I applaud you for doing your due dilligence and seeking a number of opinions. Stick with the one you trust to give you the results that you seek,Good Luck,
Dr. Morrissey

Mastopexy with or without implants??

Thanks for your photos.  This question comes up quite frequently and does not have a simple answer.  It's my feeling that breasts look better when a full mastopexy and small implants are combined, however the risks of complications are higher and for some people the choice of mastopexy alone is the correct one.You need to discuss your options with your surgeon in a face to face setting to make the best decision for you.  IF you are disappointed with the mastopexy alone, you can always add implants later.  If you're happy with the uplift alone you will have saved expense and not need to replace implants years down the line.Good luck with your decision.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

As long as you are satisfied with the B volume of the natural breasts, you can get a very nice and age appropriate look with the lift alone. I think you have found a very good surgeon who is not pushing you into implants when you do not want them. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD