What should I do first: the tummy tuck or the Brazilian butt lift? How long should I wait in between?

I had three kids and my muscles are stretched out, just the lipo from the bbl won't work, must do the tummy tuck.

I would do the BBL first and then a tummy tuck at least 6 weeks after this

It is usually better to the the BBL first as you can utilize the fat from that abdomen first knowing you will be doing the tummy tuck in the near future. The amount of fat that can be obtained during transfer is often the rate limiting step in a BBl so we want to maximize this by doing the BBL first!

Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and bbl

Dear Sofia,
  Before making any decision you need to know some facts. Combining tummy tuck and liposuction is very risky. In a recent article in the plastic surgery journal, based on data from cosmetic surgery insurance company, it was shown that the combination of the 2 procedures increased the severe complication rate  x 10... 
 Additionally, in Florida few years ago , the government stopped all surgeries in surgery centers for 3 months, in order to investigate a large number of deaths from cosmetic surgery. Their conclusion was that the most common reason for the deaths was combination of tummy tuck and liposuction...
 I have been in practice for over 28 years and never combined the 2 surgeries. 
 Cosmetic surgery is purely elective and complications should be reduced to a minimum !
 Second point. Fat injection is a waste of your time and your money, because the fat disappears completely or almost completely after few months or even sooner. I have seen it with many patients who came to my surgery center for butt implants surgery after their big disappointment from the fat injection procedure that was done by other surgeons.
 Think about it Sofia. If fat injection was consistent and reliable, most women would have preferred it for breasts augmentation over breasts implants. The reality is that breasts augmentation with implants is  the number one cosmetic surgery in the US...
  Butt implants are your best option for butt enlargement. However, not all results are same, because there are different techniques, different implants' shapes and different implants' sizes. Additionally, experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good and satisfactory outcome. 
 So, be cool , do your due diligence and choose wisely.
 As far as what surgery to do first, I recommend to my patients to do tummy tuck first, because they usually lose a significant amount of weight from the tummy tuck due to the abdominal muscles tightening that reduces the amount of food that you can eat and your sense of hunger. Consequently, the implants size selection might be changed.
  Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly. check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive.
                                  Dr Widder

Tummy tuck and BBL

I do not recommend these procedures together- there are increased risk for complications and recovery positioning goes against eachother.

I usually recommend the liposuction and fat grafting first. After recovery- approximately 6 weeks to 3 months- then the tummy tuck.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Tummy tuck and bbl

I frequently perform these procedures together, allowing for one surgery, one recovery, less time overall out of work, and usually less expense, without compromising your result.  If you were to do them at separate times, then I would recommend the bbl first - so you can maximize the contouring with the lipo and have plenty if fat to use for the buttocks.

Multiple Procedures

Thank you for your question.  Actually, I often do both procedures at the same time.  I liposuction the belly and the flanks as part of the tummy tuck, and use the fat on the bottom for the Brazilian butt lift.  Best to speak to a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person discussion.  All the best,

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon