Swollen nose/tip 3 months post septoplasty/rhinoplasty (Photo)

On December 18, 2015 I got an open rhinoplasty with septoplasty. It's been over three months and my tip looks really swollen. I saw my doctor about a month ago and he said that I'm recovering at a normal pace but most of the swelling has gone down. I'm really unhappy with the size. Should I be patient?

Nasal swelling after 3 months after surgery

Absolutely it is early to make a final judgement as "open rhinoplasty" noses take longer for swelling to go away as do any nose where complex tip work was performed.

That being said however, please re-examine you and your surgeons expectations as you wait another few months(6 -12 total post op) before deciding what to do next. Gentle tip message and sleeping with your head elevated on 2 pillows may help swelling subside sooner.    Hope this helps.

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with 3 months after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Swollen nose/tip 3 months post septoplasty/rhinoplasty

Without pre-op photos and the benefit of physical exam- it's difficult to comment accurately. Swelling  after Rhinoplasty is expected and  can take up to 9-12 months to subside. With open Rhinoplasty - swelling of the tip can persist even longer.