Non surgical options for neck and jawline for 60 year old? (Photo)

60 year old am looking for nonsurgical options to alleviate crepiness, cording and laxity in neck and jawline?

Non Surgical Options for Neck Rejuvenation

An examination would be important for the best opinion by a board certified plastic surgeon.
Here is some general information however on non surgical options:
  1. Amount of excess fat typically found beneath the chin, and in the upper neck. Kybella injections can improve this.
  2. Presence of Significant (Platysmal) Banding – this requires bringing the muscles together in the upper/mid neck to a more youthful position and occasionally their release. This procedure is called a platysmaplasty or platysma plication. Mild banding can be treated non- surgically with Botox or Dysport but this requires injections 3-4 times a year for maintenance.
  3. Amount of excess/redundant skin (cutis laxa) and condition of your skin. Mild to minimal skin tightening using non-surgical means like the Sciton Laser SkinTyte procedure, Ultherapy or Thermage could also be considered. My personal preference for non-surgical skin tightening of the neck is the Sciton Laser BBL SkinTyte® procedure as there is no down time, more comfortable procdure, is effective and is a more targeted treatment.
  4. Chin deficiency. If you have a weak chin then you will not have adequate chin support to your neckline skin which affects your entire neck line. Sometimes especially in younger individuals this is all that is required and this can be done in the office under local anesthesia. There are a number of different sizes and shapes and your plastic surgeon will pick the optimal one for you. Non surgical options include injectable fillers but these are only temporary and have to be repeated.

Non-Surgical Neck Lift

Thank you for your question in regards to a non-surgical neck lift. A series of Exilis treatments will help improve the appearance of your neck. Exilis is a radio frequency treatment that uses heat without damaging the skin. The heat causes fat to melt away and stimulates collagen production which tightens your skin. To be sure what would be best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Non Surgical Neck Lift

Non-Surgical Neck Lift
Your non-surgical options are dictated by your specific needs which may include any of the below measures:
1)improving banding: Botox
2)improving under the chin fullness: Liposuction with oral sedation
3)improving skin looseness: VIORA REACTION radiofrequency
A consultation would allow a doctor to customize your treatment plan.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Non surgical neck rejuvenation

As we age into our 60's, the best improvement is with surgery. However, if your realistic about a 25 percent improvement, the Infini micro needling is my best choice. Ulthera and the thermi rf are also options.

Robert M. Wald, Jr., MD

Combination treatment

Dear patient, aging of the skin is caused by gravity and sun-damage. The bones along the jawline atrophy over time and the skin starts to hang. Jowls also develop as the skin loses its elastic quality and fat pads move down from the upper cheek area.

A combination therapy is needed to restore youth. I combine Ultherapy (nonsurgical Ultrasound lift) with Mixto Co2 laser resurfacing of the face and neck.

Occasional fillers such as Radiesse and Juvedem Voluma are placed along the jawline to lift the skin.

The results are remarkable and recovery time is minimal.
I hope this was helpful
Dr David R.

A. David Rahimi, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Neck Skin and Platysmal Bands -- VASER Hi Def Liposuction/ThermiRF, Venus Legacy/Thermage/Ultherapy, Botox/Dysport

there are many options including VASER/ThermiRF, Thermage/Ultherapy, Botox and Lasers.  I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Non surgical options for neck and jawline

While surgery normally will provide the most dramatic results in the neck and jawline, a non-surgical option to help would be Ultherapy.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon