Can smile line wrinkles be corrected with dermal filler? (photo)

I'm only 23 and I have wrinkles in my smile lines. They stay here when my face is completely relaxed. I got some filler in my smile folds 2 weeks ago and my injector but the filler just slightly next to my smile folds. I'm not sure if this made the wrinkle protrude more. Is there anything I can do to target a wrinkle like this?

Dermal Fillers for Smile Lines

Dear Apollo93:

Yes dermal fillers can improve and soften smile lines.  Volift is my preferred filler of choice here.  Please see an expert injector for best results.  Best wishes.

Nasolabial Folds

Thank you for your question. You do appear to be a good candidate for injectable fillers. Hyaluronic acid injectable fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane can improve the appearance of the nasolabial folds. I would recommend an in person consultation with an experienced injector. Seeing the entire face is helpful in determining your candidacy and the ideal treatment route. Best wishes. 

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Can smile line wrinkles be corrected with dermal filler?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. You are definitely a candidate for treatment of your nasolabial lines with hyaluronic acid fillers. You may actually see the most benefit using two different fillers, one for deep injection (eg, Juvederm) and one for more superficial injection directly into the crease (eg, Volbella). In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon