Small bumps, unsmoothness on stomach after lipo, is it permanent? (photos)

I had lipo on full abdomen and fat transfer to buttocks exactly three months ago.. The shape of my stomach looks good but i noticed when pulling the skin i see these small bumps, unsmoothness, dents, lines, not sure what to call them. They are mostly apparent under certain light and shadow and when i pull my skin tight. Is this condition permanent ? What should i do to make it better? Please help

Small bumps, unsmoothness on stomach after lipo, is it permanent?

GreetingsThank you for your question, you are still in your early stage of recovery you could continue to wear the compression garment. You are still swelling and this can take up to 6 months but i can not tell you if this will even out, the best is to ask advise from your surgeon. 

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garment recommended!

I would recommend you wear a compression garment. After Liposuction surgery, you suppose to wear it for a year, it would help firming your skin. After a year, you may consider redo liposuction. 

Lumpy Abdomen after Liposuction.....?

Fortunately, it is still early after surgery and things will still continue to change for up to a year from surgery.   I cannot tell you for sure that this will smooth out, but I think the best thing to do would be to aggressively massage this area at least twice per day.  The more the better.  

Patients come to my office just about every day for Revision Liposuction Surgery, usually from Cosmetic Surgeons and usually due to Laser Liposuction!   It can be a very hard thing to fix!  

Unsmoothness after lipo

Its possible that you still have some swelling that should settle down over the next 3 months.   It can take up to 6 months after liposuction for all the swelling to resolve.  I would share your concerns with your surgeon but also give yourself more time to see the final result

Samir S. Rao, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Small bumps after lipo. Are they permanent?

Thank you for your question and excellent job on the photographs.  At three months after surgery I think you should allow more time to pass to allow your surgical results time to mature.  This appearance appears uniform throughout your abdomen and is likely due to residual swelling from the liposuction procedure.  See your surgeon and voice your concerns, they are in the best position to provide reassurance. 

Lipo results

You are only 3 months out and it still may improve over the next 3 months. If concerned, review with your surgoen.

Liposuction - some irregularities after 3 months

Thank you for your question about your liposuction.
  • It will take at least another 3 months to see your final result -
  • So give it more time.
  • And if the irregularities are only in certain lights and when your skin is pulled, chances are they are minimal.
  • Be sure though to pass your concerns on to your surgeon so s/he can follow your recovery with you.
  • Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS