Juvederm filler for cheek (asymmetry)? (photos)

My left side of my face is much more defined and attractive compared to the right side. My right cheek is flatter than my left causing a sunken look to them, especially when I smile. when I smile, my upper left lip is higher than the right. The right upper lip hangs lower. My right side of my face just seems flat and wider with less definition. I think this has a lot to do with my cheek volume. can fillers on my right cheek help? please help me. thank you!! Also, what would the price be like?

Juvederm filler for cheek

Everyone has some degree of facial asymmetry.  You are very handsome and well within the norm of facial asymmetry.  Yes, filler to augment your cheek area would be an option.   I would suggest not doing anything to your lips as they look great.  

Correcting Facial Asymmetry with Juvederm

Juvederm Voluma is a great product for correcting facial asymmetry, especially in the mid-face.  From your photos it would probably take one syringe to correct the imbalance.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with facial injections.

Facial symmetry

No one's face is completely symmetrical, especially during movement. Filler might help give you some volume on your cheek. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and discussing all your concerns.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Facial assymetry - Combination of Treatments Needed

Facial asymmetry is very common and some people have more of it than others. I always tell patients that the two sides of your face are not twins but sisters so difference are common. There are many reasons for facial asymmetry and there are many options to correct it. The best treatment for skin rejuvenation and prevention depends upon an individual’s skin type, age, ethnicity, sun exposure, and overall health. In order to give you an accurate treatment plan, a consultation is required to properly assess your skin.

When it comes to fixing assymentry, a combination of treatments are available including neurotoxins (Botox®, Xeomin®), dermal fillers (Restylane®, Juvederm®, Esthelis®, Belotero®, Emervel®, Radiesse®), skin resurfacing procedures (laser resurfacing with CO2 laser, Er:YAG laser, Fraxel DUAL®, PicoSure® FOCUS Lens Array or OBAGI® controlled depth chemical peel) and other devices such as Ultherapy® can be used. Surgical options can also be explored.

These are advanced techniques so be sure to get an experienced cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon consultation for recommendations and treatment options.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Juvederm for cheeks

For many years, we used Juvederm (off-label) in the cheek area with reasonably good results in our practice, but since Voluma was FDA-approved specifically for the cheek areas, we've been using it for that purpose with even nicer (and longer lasting) results.  Price will depend on the practice and location in the country, so be sure to ask your board-certified  plastic surgeon how much they expect to use, and what the fee would be.

Juvederm to Volumize

Thank you for your question. Yes it is possible to use Juvederm to augment your right cheek. You would want to start off with a subtle amount in order not to look artificial. The enhancement should last for about 9 months. Good luck!