Facial volume loss following cortisone injections.

I received two cortisone injections on the right side of my face to treat raised acne scars three years ago. I continue to suffer fat loss on the right side of my face making my cheeks and smile asymmetrical. Is there a laser treatment that can stimulate collagen growth? I prefer not to receive injections. Finally, is there a chance fat will be restored on its own?

Non-Invasive Needs For Facial Volume Loss--Lasers, Radiofrequency (Venus Viva)

It can depend on the dose, but in some cases the fat does recover. The easiest way to improve facial volume would be with injections of either fillers (Voluma, Radiesse, Perlane, Bellafill) and/orĀ Sculptra for collagen rebuilding. For non-injection options, radiofrequency and lasers are a good alternative. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer