Burning sensation on incision line of TT (Photo)

I am 3 week post op full tt I have a burning sensation incision line it look like the picture... should I be worried ??? Steri strips came off today.

Burning sensation

Thank you for the question and the photos! It is difficult to guarantee a reliable evaluation of your concern without conducting an in-person exam. It is not uncommon to experience some discomfort or swelling after a tummy tuck. Considering that you are only 3 weeks post-op, it's unlikely that there's much cause for concern. It is possible that your burning sensation is related to swelling or irritation of the nerves. Make sure that your surgeon is aware of your concerns.  An in-person examination with a board-certified plastic surgeon is always the best way to assess your needs and obtain a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (3 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.

Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Burning Sensation on Incision

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen . It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle. These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard , Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.Now, if you are feeling this burning sensation or any pain or discomfort, then it may also be a good idea to visit your plastic surgeon to have the area evaluated for proper healing and to make sure that everything is progressing well. Best of luck!