Would I need a tummy tuck or liposuction? Am I even a candidate for either or do I need to lose weight first? (Photo)

Tummy Tuck or Lipo

Hi.  I think you would be much happier with a tummy tuck.  It would allow removal of a significant amount of skin AND fat, and also allow for tightening of your abdominal wall.  This would give a much better contour than doing liposuction alone.  Best of luck!

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

First, it is always best to be at your goal weight before launching on a tummy tuck. There is the option to have a combined liposuction and tummy tuck to both excise the extra fat and tighten up the loos skin.

Additional procedures that may enhance the result are Liposuction, Breast Procedures, or Thigh Lift. Mommy makeovers usually include multiple operations.  Brazilian “butt enhancement” can be done at the same time to provide best body contours. Arm reduction or brachiaplasty is also common. 

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction

You are a great candidate for liposuction of all areas and a full tummy tuck with muscle plication.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

Thanks for ur question! Based upon ur photos, I would have to say that you'd b happier doing a tummy tuck. That way u can address the excess skin and muscle laxity, as well as the fat. U will see a much more dramatic difference. I would also do liposuction of ur flanks at the same time. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, & best of luck to u moving forward! 

Robert P. Schmid, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Abdomen/torso contouring

Hi reg

Based on just your pics alone, I think you would be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.  This procedure should help with the excess skin and also to shape the muscle layer.

Of course, you would need to be examined and your history obtained to ensure you are in optimal condition for the surgery.  I don't think that you would need to lose weight for the procedure, just have your weight be stable.

I would be available to help should you decide to go forward.

All the best.

sek

Would I need a tummy tuck or liposuction? Am I even a candidate for either or do I need to lose weight first?

Your best advice would come only after a face to face examination and consultation.  Just the fact that you ask suggests that you could probably lose more of your visceral internal fat through diet and exercise to help get a better result (and have a safer surgery/anesthesia too).  

Meet with ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeons until you find an experienced surgeon who gives you a sense of comfort and confidence.  Get down to a healthy and maintainable weight before your procedure and be sure to not be a smoker to reduce risks.  After your procedure you should ambulate early and frequently to restore calf circulation.

Regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Based on your limited photo, you appear to be anatomically a candidate for a full tummy tuck and liposuction of selective areas. It is difficult to tell whether you are a good candidate without a physical examination and complete medical history. It would depend on your anatomical findings, motivation, realistic expectations, and whether you are finished having children. An abdominoplasty should be delayed until you are within 10 pounds of your ideal weight and have finished all of your pregnancies. Lesser procedures will not produce a good cosmetic result in a patient with your anatomy. 

If a member of my family underwent a tummy tuck, it would be performed by an experienced plastic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) . If you are serious about undergoing these procedures, you should have a thorough consultation with a plastic surgeon having those credentials, who will fully explain what is entailed in the procedures, including both the positives and potential problems. You should be complimented on the fact that you are seeking valid information before jumping into any procedure.

Robert Singer, MD FACS 

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck?

Thanks for your inquiry.  I do think from your pictures, you will be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.  I think you should loose some core weight before surgery. Seek the opinion of a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and even set a goal weight before surgery.  Good Luck!

Based on the photos, I think that you would see a significant improvement with a tummy tuck combined with liposuction. I always recommend getting to your ideal body weight, or at least losing all the weight that you can prior to the procedure. The reason is that your surgeon cannot address intra-abdominal fat which is around your internal organs. Good luck!

TT or lipo or both

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture you will get optimal results with both TT and lipo. If you can loose some weight that will be great. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.