I've been on this site a little over a month and I'm not sure what procedure would be right for me. (Photo)

I have the apron from a c-section. I'm 260 5'8 1/2. I feel I need to whole caboodle. I'm not looking for the little waist big butt scenario just a nice shape I'm comfortable showing off to hubby.

Recommended Body Contouring Surgery

Based on your photographs, you would get the most benefit from a standard Tummy Tuck. You are an ideal candidate as the tummy tuck will remove the apron you describe and flatten your stomach dramatically. There is no other way to 'get rid' of the apron. Dieting and exercise will reduce body weight and eliminate fatty tissue but will never get rid of the apron caused by pregnancy.

A breast reduction or lift would also significantly improve your posture. Depending on your health and your budget, this procedure could be done at the same time as a tummy tuck and is sometimes called a 'mommy makeover'. Once you are sure that you will not become pregnant again, the abdomen and breasts can be corrected to their pre-mommy appearance.

What do I need?

I would suggest having a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. It is difficult to tell what procedures would be best for you without taking a full history and seeing you in person. Based on the pictures it appears that you are possibly a candidate for a small breast reduction (resulting in a lifted breast) and a tummy tuck. Best of luck to you. 

Choosing the Right Body Contouring Procedure For You

Having been at this for the last 15 years or so, I would suggest a tummy tuck with liposuction of the flanks and back.  I'm not convinced that the circumferential incision would be right for you.
Good Luck!

Thomas P. Sterry, MD

Apron of skin

A common first line of attack for patients who have lost weight is a body lift procedure. Most plastic surgeons refer to a body lift as a circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy = lower body lift. This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift (with the option of buttock augmentation). Again, a physical exam would be needed to make any recommendations. Please visit with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

360 lower body lift circumferential body lift breast reduction breast lift combined procedures

Thank you for your question. To get rid of your abdominal apron I would suggest an abdominoplasty, extended abdominoplasty or a 360 circumferential lower body lift.  The difference is in what areas bother you. If just your abdominal apron that bothers you, I would suggest an abdominoplasty. If your hips also bother you, I would suggest an extended abdominoplasty. If your abdomen, hips, and buttocks bother you, I would suggest a 360 circumferential lower body lift.
In addition I would suggest a breast lift or breast reduction.  Depending on your surgeon's experience and timing, this can be performed either during your lower abdominal procedure or after you have healed.
I hope this answers your questions regarding removal of abdominal apron. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen

Tummy Tuck with some preparation.

I believe you would benefit from a tummy tuck. I feel you would be a better surgical risk if you lost some weight prior to the surgery since your present BMI is 38. This would not only improve your risk, but also allow for a more pleasing final result. It is clear that diet and exercise alone would not improve or get rid of the apron.

David H. Humphreys, MD (retired)
Asheville Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss for improve contour results

I am sorry that you are having concerns about your body.

Straight to your questions: a breast lift of reduction and an abdominoplasty should give you the results that you are looking. However, a great result can be achieved, if you are able to loose some pounds prior to your procedures. This will reduce your risks for complications, and give you nicer contours.

Make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in after weight loss surgery.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Which procedure is right for me?

If I were to see you in consultation, I would first ask you which areas of your body bother you the most and if you are comfortable at your current weight or have a goal to lose some weight.  Once you are stable in your weight, we would then discuss which procedures would be right for you based on your concerns.  At your current weight, I think you would best benefit from a tummy tuck and likely some liposuction of the flank (love handle) region which will give you a nice contour.  Others have suggested a breast lift, and I agree that this could improve the shape of your breasts, but if they don't bother you as they are, then this surgery would be unnecessary.   An exam in person with a board certified plastic surgeon who can listen to your desires and goals and examine your body will give you the best information.  Best of luck!

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

I've been on this site a little over a month and I'm not sure what procedure would be right for me.

Thank you for your photographs and questions.  I would recommend you make an appointment to see a board certified plastic surgeon to have an in-person examination and discussion as to your goals.  You may benefit from a mommy makeover, involving a breast lift and tummy tuck with additional liposuction to your waist, hips, and flanks.  This would lead a to a dramatic change in your overall appearance. Before any aesthetic surgery, however, I tell my patients that they should try to reach their goal weight. A weight that they are comfortable at and can maintain, as this will provide the best long-term results.  Best of luck on your journey!