I know I have mild ptosis and deflated breasts but is the lift really necessary right now? (Photo)

Update... I've had two consultations thus far. One surgeon suggested the lift and aug. The other said I could do without the lift, and go for the aug only. I'm undecided at this point. I know my breast are deflated and I have mild ptosis but is the lift really necessary right now? I'm totally ok with natural looking breast with a slight slope or sag. I've have one more consult next week with another surgeon. Wish me luck

Ptosis or pseudo ptosis

Your nippes are above the mammary fold.  The breast gland is beneath the fold.  This is pseudo ptosis. All you need is an implant.  The breasts are deflated.  An implant will solve the problem.  

Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation Mastopexy

Your photos are inadequate to make a definitive decision, but the likelihood is yes, if you want a pretty and normal looking result. As for your consultations, were both ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in all types of breast surgery, not just implants? If not, only count the recommendations coming from them.  There are plenty of doctors who do lots of implants, but are clueless how to perform a breast lift, so as you might imagine, no woman needs a breast lift in their eyes. On the other hand, a top surgeon capable of performing any surgical procedure of the breast will give you the best recommendations. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Lift or not

If you have seen two plastic surgeons already and have gotten conflicting advice you are clearly borderline and as a lift could always be done later go with what your gut is telling you but be sure to get the opinions of experts!

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Lift may not be necessary

Thanks for your question. The single frontal photo doesn't show the position of the nipple relative to the crease. This is only seen in lateral view and therefore I can't definitively say. You likely are "borderline" and the purpose of the lift would be to reposition the nipple a little higher and centered on the implant. The Vectra 3D imaging is a great tool to "try on" implants and then see what it looks like with/without a lift. Ultimately this gives you the most information and makes your decision easier.  Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area that is an ASAPS member and specializes in cosmetic breast surgery. The Smart Beauty Guide is an excellent resource. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Mild ptosis

Hi.  I think that if you have the lift and the augmentation, your breasts would look more youthful... BUT, I agree with you that if you are ok with a more natural look, that the augmentation without the lift would still give you a decent result.  The other advantage of this approach would be to avoid the scars that are created with the lift.  As long as you understand the pros and cons of each approach, I think you would be ok with either.  Best of luck!

Jonathan Heistein

817-820-0000

Jonathan Heistein, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

I know I have mild ptosis and deflated breasts but is the lift really necessary right now?

Thank you for your question. Look like you need both lift and implant per picture. Just one picture is not enough to comment well. Please consult with board certified PS for evaluation.

To lift or not to lift - 3D imaging can help

Thanks for your question. Based on your photos alone, you appear to be someone who would look best with a lift, but may be able to get away with an augmentation alone. 

The best way to determine this is using measurements of your breast. If the distance from your nipple to the inframammary fold is greater than 9cm on maximal stretch - you probably need a lift. 

You could potentially be a good candidate for a periareolar lift with a incision only around the areola. 

in my practice, we use 3D imaging to help simulate the augmentation with and without the lift  so you can get a better idea of how things will look. This usually makes it very clear for my patients either way. 

Good luck!!

Jon Kurkjian, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon