I had Botox and fat injection in my face 7 days ago. My smiles grin and or laugh looks horrible. What can I do? (Photo)

I had injection my face is crooked my smile is crooked I am so embarrassed. I have to go to work this way. what should I do. I am afraid to let the same doctor do anything to me now, if there is anything that can be done. Please advise

Swelling After Botox & Fat Injections

Botox usually takes 2 or 3 days to start to work, and will continue to improve over the first 7 to 10 days. The full affect is typically achieved after 14 days.

It's not uncommon to have swelling after both these types of procedures. 

I'd recommend booking a follow-up appointment with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an assessment and to express your concerns. 

Take care.

Problems after Botox and fat injections

I am sorry that you're having problems after your procedures.  It is always best to contact the treating surgeon if there are concerns in the immediate post treatment period. 

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Unhappy results

I am so sorry that you are unhappy with your results. I would suggest that you wait another week until everything settles down and if still don't like what you see, consult with your surgeon about options to correct it. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Botox

Botox can take up to two weeks for full correction. Swelling and bruising can also occur with injections. I recommend a two week follow up with the provider who performed your injections. At that time, you can dicuss your concerns and you may need a touch up of either product to achieve desired goals.
To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Fat injections, Botox, and Swelling. . .

Hi Jude,
 Although I agree that the photos you have posted are not completely clear, you are a patient and have likely not had training in how to take medical-grade photographs. . . So that's totally ok :) 
 Even without seeing any photos, what I can tell you with absolute certainty is that you shouldn't get worried about what your ultimate result will be this soon after the procedure. It's only been seven days and, fat transfer is always associated with quite a bit of swelling. I'd give it - at the very least - two full weeks for the swelling to subside (closer to a month to error on the side of caution). 
  Your doctor transfers fat to certain parts of your face with the "end result" in mind. That said, we all have some degree of asymmetry in our faces. He/she may have put more fat on one side or the other to attempt to correct/soften that asymmetry, so, your swelling can appear "lopsided" after the procedure. Also, we have to "over correct" to a certain extent with fat transfer, as a certain percentage of the fat that is transferred will not "take". . . In other words, 100% of the fat that is transferred into any area of your face will not remain there, so we put a bit more in at the time of the procedure, knowing that this will be the case.
 To make a long story short(er), try not to even look at your face in the mirror for at least another week because you will just waste your valuable time & energy worrying about something that WILL improve on its own. 
 I'm sure your doctor would be happy to talk to you and offer you the same reassurance that I am. I try very hard to educate my patients about what to expect after procedures - including prolonged swelling, etc depending upon the procedure. Looking as if you hadn't had something done to your face only 1 short week after fat transfer is completely unrealistic, which is why I'm thinking there must have been some miscommunication somewhere along the way. 
 Take a deep breath and I hope my explanation makes you feel more confident that things will get better and that what you are experiencing is not a "complication" nor is it at all abnormal. 
 Take care,
Dr. Kiripolsky 

Monika Kiripolsky, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Fat grafts and swelling

It is difficult to say from the photo if the swelling is from the fat or the Botox placement.  I would definitely return to your treating physician for evaluation if it is not resolved within the next week.  Best, Dr. Green

Results after fat transfer

Unfortunately the pictures are of poor quality and there are no before pictures for comparison or your specific history of what previous cosmetic treatments you've had and what exactly was done. It is best to return to the surgeon you selected for your treatments to address your concerns.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and fat injection

Thank you for your question.  It is VERY common to be nervous about your result, and to have some "buyers remorse" at this point after surgery.  

During fat transfer, we often have to slightly over-inject because some of the fat does not survive.  Additionally, there is swelling as a result of the procedure.  I expect that as your swelling goes down, and some of the injected fat atrophies, that you will be more happy with your result.  

Also the good and the bad thing about Botox, is it is temporary.  If it has affected your smile, it will wear off in about 3 months.

It is best to maintain an open dialogue with your surgeon.  If you have concerns, they are the best person to address them because they know exactly how your procedures were performed.  

Best wishes

Daniel J. Givens, MD
Dubuque Facial Plastic Surgeon