How can I fix my asymmetrical eyes? (photo)

I've been noticing that my eyes seem very asymmetrical lately, Especially in pictures. How can I fix this ? Help

How can I fix my asymmetrical eyes?

Hello, and thank you very much for the question. In general, we all have some degree of asymmetry. An in-person evaluation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon will help you get an idea of what may be possible with a surgical procedure. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Asymmetrical eyelids

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. You should be evaluated in person by and oculoplastic surgeon for detailed analysis of the problem. You possibly could have blepharoplasty performed to improve the appearance of your eyes. Good luck, 

You have early elevator dehiscence with mild upper eyelid ptosis with compensatory eyebrow elevation.

This can be corrected with a procedure I call structured microblepharoplasty.  You need to have a procedure that opens the eyes, smooths the skin in the upper eyelid platform which is crepey, and support for the eyelashes.  When this is done the eyebrows will relax to a more natural position.  This will help the asymmetry. Very few surgeons offer this type of detailed work and you will most likely have to travel to get this done.

Asymmetry is normal

Human beings by our nature are not symmetric. So subtle asymmetry from one side to the other is in fact part of being human. Obviously considerable asymmetry is not desirable and may or may not warrant potential improvement. Looking at your picture, personally I can't detect a great deal of asymmetry and thus I would say leave things alone. Next time you're with your friends or family carefully look at their face, eyes, nose etc and I bet you will see that all of them have asymmetry you never noticed before.

Samson Lee, MD