My cheeks have gotten hollow with age (I'm 60). I'm thin anyway, but I just lost 10 lbs and it's really making me look old.

Should I try Restylane Lyft or Voluma? If I try Restylane Lyft and am unhappy with the results after a month or two, can I try Voluma? I'm just wanting to add more volume to my cheeks.

Cheek Fillers

Both Restylane Lyft and Juvederm Voluma are generally great initial options for replacing volume loss in the
cheek area so feel free to try either!  If you
try one, you can  try the other later and/or you can also combine and
layer fillers. Lyft and Voluma have the main ingredient of hyaluronic
acid , which is a plumping and hydrating component
found naturally in the skin that decreases in quantity with aging.
Voluma has clinically been proven to last anywhere from 12-24 month and Lyft lasts between 6-12 months – However, the duration varies among patients.
Typically, I recommend a minimum of one syringe for each cheek (2 total)
for an initial treatment.  I encourage you to get a consult from an expert physician
to begin the revolumizing process.

Melbourne Dermatologist

Hollow Cheeks

Hollow cheeks can be improved by a variety of techniques.  Some of the options include, fat grafting, Sculptra, Restylane Lyft and Voluma.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Cheeks hollow with age. Restylane Lyft

I think that you could spend a lot of  money on fillers and still not be happy. At your age after a significant weight loss, you should seriously consider a facelift with fat injection. It is better value and will give superior results. Be sure to consult with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Laurence Kirwan, MD, FRCS, FACS
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Restylane Lyft or Voluma to restore cheeks, but don't forget about temples and under-cheek hollows

Voluma and Restylane Lyft are very good products for restoring the cheek's structure and elevation, since they have a high viscosity.  They can be used together or sequentially without worry.

Please note that in thinner faces, cheek deflation is accompanied by a hollowing of the temples and submalar areas.  Cheek restoration can further accentuate the hollowness of the overlying temple and the underlying submalar region.  For this reason, I often recommend accompanying the cheek treatment with sculptra, which is a wonderful product for overall softening of hollows/concavities.  

The goal is to make each part of the face appear in harmony with other parts, and for the patient to look like a natural, rested version of him or herself.

Restylane lyft or voluma?

Comparable fillers for the indication you describe.  More important will be technique used, who injects you and how etc.  I would keep the latter at the fore of your decision making process, and then let that guide which filler you choose- together with your dr.  Be well. 

Estee Williams, MD

Voluma and Restylane Lyft Equally Effective

Thank you for sharing your question. Both products are very good for filling hollow, thin faces. They are both particularly beneficial for cheek augmentation. Make sure you have an experienced injector help you with your problem areas. Good luck.

Treating Hollow Cheeks with Restylane Lyft !

After 35, it becomes more evident that the natural fat in cheeks begins to disappear, causing skin to sag and the face to look hollow.  Dermal fillers such as Restylane Lyft or Juvaderm Voluma  are specifically designed to add fullness to the cheeks and mid-face area, giving a more natural-looking, youthful appearance.    Results last 12- 18 months and will make a notable improvement for  the aging  effects of hollowness!

#cheekhollownes  #RestylaneLyft  #JuvadermVoluma

Restylane Lyft

Both products work great. I don't think you would be able to tell the difference, The Volumla is supposed to last longer, but I have had really good long-term results with the RL also. I would look at the price point and try one. Be sure to note how long it lasts and your comments and then next time perhaps try the other one.Good luck! 

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

There is nothing wrong with putting Voluma over Retylane Lyft.  If you are not happy with the results because you feel that you want more volume then you can add either product for a more enhanced results.  Voluma will last much longer then RL but the way your cheeks will look  will be very much the same regardless of which product you put in

Victoria Karlinsky, MD
Manhattan General Surgeon

Rstylane Lyft or Voluma

Both products will improve the cheek area and provide an instant lift.  I think you would be happy with either product as long as you consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green