Is this an infection? (Photo)

I had a tummy tuck on 8/29 and I got wound necrosis the doc has to cut me open & remove 2 more inches of skin& close me back up. I'm 2 weeks out from my 2nd surgery & im worried that it's happening again & im not healing properly again. There are spots that are opening & oozing a little bit. Please help

Thank you for you photos and your question. Yes it looks a bit like necrosis again ,it is very important to talk to your surgeon about appropriate wound care and prevention of infections. Best of luck

Is my tummy tuck incision infected?

I am sorry to see that you are having some issues after your tummy tuck.  There is obviously a wound healing problem occurring here, and it needs to be addressed by your surgeon.  You need to call his/her office and be evaluated.  The redness is definitely concerning and may represent early infection.  Plus the incision itself has some open areas.  You likely need to be put on some oral antibiotics and your surgeon needs to come up with a good wound care plan for those open spots.  

Call your surgeon today and get evaluated.  Best of luck! 

Wound healing and infection after tummy tuck

It certainly looks like you have some recurrent wound edge necrosis, but this condition usually heals with conservative care.  The redness in your mons pubis area does look excessive and you should get it evaluated by your plastic surgeon as soon as possible.  

Is this an infection?

While this does not appear to be an obvious infection, an in-person evaluation by your surgeon is the only way to be sure. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS