What is this? (Photo)

My doctor keeps steri tapeing it to try to close these holes & im very frustrated because I feel like he doesn't have a real plan & is just trying whatever he can without having to put in any effort or pay out of pocket for wound care. Can someone please help!

Healing Problems

Your wounds will all heal with time. As for the reason for the breakdown, I am not sure. AS long as you have good nutrition, proper wound care and do not smoke they will all heal with time. Take good care of the areas and follow up closely with your surgeon.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

What is this?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry to see your wound healing difficulties. Unfortunately whether due to issues with skin tension, swelling, blood supply, or sutures your incision line has areas of separation.  These will need to heal on their own from the inside out to avoid a possible infection.  I would counsel you to be in touch with your surgeon so that they can give you appropriate wound care recommendations to speed the healing process.  Best wishes.

What is this?

Thank you for your question, and for the pictures.

It is difficult to say exactly what is going on based on the pictures alone.  I would continue to work with your surgeon.  You may want to ask about other options to allow the wounds to heal.  If you don't feel confident in your surgeon's ability to take care of you, you are always able to see another plastic surgeon.

Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Wound healing

It is unlikely that your doctor is trying to close the wounds with steri strips.  Wound healing problems occur secondary to tension and disruption in blood supply.  Application of steri strips can help remove tension from the healing wounds.  These wounds will heal, they need to heal from the inside out.  Talk to your surgeon.  Good luck, Jane 

What is this?

While it is not appropriate to make a diagnosis and treatment plan based on pictures, you can see another plastic surgeon if concerned about your care. However, first have a discussion about your concerns with your plastic surgeon. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Steri strips vs real wound care

steri strips wont help, you just need to perform proper wound care and your surgeon needs to remove any necrotic tissue so that you can heal, things will heal with time, then whatever scar is left behind can be revised to make look better.