Is a post kids Breast Augmentation a bad idea if we aren't done having kids yet? (photos)

After BFing 2 kids I've lost about 1/2 of my volume and am obsessed with getting a BA. I'd like a small D however we may want to have a third child in 3 years. My plan was to wait until we are done but that would make it a good 5-6 years before I could have the surgery and that feels like an eternity. I fear getting it done and then BFing another child will make them stretch marked and saggy. I've also thought about going small for the time being and upgrading later. Thoughts?

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.In my practice for cases like yours I recommend you, to use a microtexturized highly cohesive silicone implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and volumes between 300ml-500ml to fill the breasts properly.
Kind regards

When to have a breast augmentation?

Hi and thanks for your question,
You are in a very common situation!  From your photos it appears that you lost volume and that all you need is a breast augmentation (not a lift as well).  You could go ahead with an augmentation now and it would be perfectly safe for you to breastfeed.  However, you a completely correct that there is a risk of them sagging after you are done breastfeeding.  This would be affected by how big of an implant you had placed and how much your breasts grew during breastfeeding.  You would indeed decrease your risk of sagging with a smaller implant.  If you did develop sagging, you could always have it corrected with a breast lift in the future (and even with a larger implant if you wanted).
Hope this helps!

Robin Evans, MD, FRCSC
British Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation a bad idea if we aren't done having kids yet?

You have two children and plan to have another in about three years. Your question regarding having breast implants before or after the next child does have some of the risks that you mentioned, namely, the possibility of stretch marks and sagging. It appears that you have none of these now, but achieving the size of a small D does increase the risk.

If the implant is placed behind the muscles, you should have no problem with breast-feeding causing complications. Generally, there is a range of sizes that a patient would be pleased with. To reduce the risk of stretching and sagging, I would choose the smallest size that would still make you happy.

The best way to determine the right size is to see a board certified plastic surgeon and have him use "sizers" with a bra and T-shirt. You can look at yourself in a full length mirror from different angles and determine the size that you like. Bra manufacturers do not generally standardize cup sizes very well, so be sure to go for the size that makes you look the best rather than concentrating on the cup size.

One other comment is that most ladies have implants before their pregnancies and arte elated with the results.  

Thank you for your question and photographs and I wish you the best of luck.

Breast before-after kids

Thank you for your question. If you are planning to have kids in the short term, it its best not to do a breast surgery until you have them. But if your plan is to have kids in 3-5 years surgery can be done placing the right implants so you don't have big changes on your breasts.

I hope my answer will help you to your question. 

Before undergoing any surgical procedure, please seek a board certified plastic surgeon

Jairo Ulerio, MD

Breast Feeding Post BA

Thank you for your question and photos. I recommend that you discuss your concerns and goals in person with your chosen Plastic Surgeon. They will examine and measure you then provide options. You may be correct that a natural, subtle augmentation now may mean you don't have drastic changes to the breast or sagging later. Post breastfeeding ptosis is always a consideration however. Breast implants should not prevent you from breastfeeding should you wish to have them first.
All the best

Is a post kids Breast Augmentation a bad idea if we aren't done having kids yet?

Your breasts look very nice and do not appear as most breasts do after having 2 children.  My guess, and it is only a guess, is that having another child will not change your breasts much since to previous pregnancies have not.  I agree that 5-6 years seems like and eternity.  If you plan to have breast augmentation and your not having another child in the next year or 2 I would encourage you to go ahead and have  implants now value can enjoy them.

Breast augmentation

Hi and thanks for your question and posted photo. It is very common for young and still with no kids women to get breast augmentation with implants. Your life will be normal even if you get pregnant. If you really want it get it done. Your breasts shape is ideal for great result. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon.Best wishes.

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

BA

Though your breasts lost volume with your pregnancies, they have not really sagged. I think it is reasonable to go ahead with breast augmentation prior to having more children in a few years. Best bet is a face to face consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you to review all of this in detail after being examined.

Breast augmentation, when to have it?

Thank you for your question. Many of our breast augmentations are thin with smaller breasts than they would like.  Breast augmentation is usually the best option, and is often performed in women before having children.  Women who get breast implants after having children are usually trying to correct sagging and loss of volume that comes after the pregnancy and lactation, which lead to changes in breast form.  Breast implants do not have any affect on pregnancy and if done by a skilled plastic surgeon to not cause changes to breast feeding capabilities. Breast augmentation is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results in a variety of breasts types. Most important is a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon regarding this procedure. Don’t settle for less!

Should i get the breast imlants now, or wait?

You asked a great question, and one that I hear often. My general advice is based on the patient characteristics, and how long they plan to wait before having their next child.  That said, with your specific case, you look great and have very nice post partum breasts that would do very well with an augmentation. You are unlikely to change much with a future pregnancy, as other than volume loss, you have been able to keep a very nice breast shape despite multiple pregnancies. With regards to timing, I usually tell patients to hold off on breast implants if they plan on having a child within the year. However, when another child may or may not happen later in the future, I usually leave it up to the patient and encourage them to go ahead with the augmentation if they are otherwise a good candidate. Hope this helps.  

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon