I am 3 months post op and one breast on the underside was rounded and now is becoming more straight (photo)

The underside of one breast has gone from rounded to straight and a slight feel of the implant slightly lower against my chest and a slight ridge. Is this something that can and should be fixable? I definitely don't want it to get worse. I'm being told that nothing is completely perfect

Doctor Answers 4

I am 3 months post op and one breast on the underside was rounded and now is becoming more straight

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question and photograph.  Though nothing replaces an in-person exam, your narrative of the implant feeling lower on your chest is concerning for an implant malposition or bottoming out.  I would see your surgeon for an in-person evaluation to determine the cause of your appearance changes and to discuss treatment options.  Hope this helps.

Breast augmentation - one implant is changing shape

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • The photo and your description suggest your implant is bottoming out.
  • If so, it will gradually get worse and it does need fixing.
  • I suggest you see your surgeon -
  • If your surgeon was not a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, you truly need to see one.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

3 months post op, some advices:

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 307 reviews

Double bubble

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question. This is what we call a " double bubble."  Meaning the implant is falling below the level of your natural crease. The ridge your see is your crease and the bulge below it is your implant. This can be corrected by resetting your crease. I wish you well

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.