Compression garment.

Do they put a compression garment after tummy tuck and do I buy it or how would I know the size to buy?

Compression garment

Every surgeon has his or her own unique post op care. Call your surgeon's office and ask about a compression garment. Most will provide one if that is what they recommend. Hope this helps.

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garment

For what I usually present to my patients regarding the use of a compression garment after tummy tuck surgery: Most patients will be placed in an abdominal binder, which they will wear the first week. There is usually a fair amount of swelling and the binder should be opened several times a day so that there are no pressure points. After the first 7 to 10 days the patient is placed in an elastic garment for compression over the next six weeks. 

Different surgeons may have recommendations based on the specific procedure that is completed, so it would be best to ask this question in detail to local board certified plastic surgeons during consultations. The best thing to do is follow along with the surgeon whom you find to be the most trustworthy in the procedure that you feel will provide you the best results based on the before and after photos they are able to show you. Good luck!

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Compression Garment

Thank you for your question. This varies from practice to practice. I put an abdominal binder of my patients and this is worn for 6 weeks. Some Plastic Surgeons will order a customised surgical garment, or they may advise you of a type they recommend so that you can order one. Surgical garments usually have sizing guidelines provided on their websites.

All the best

Compression Garment After Tummy Tuck

Most surgeons supply your garment after surgery. You will need to check with your surgeon, if one is not provided. I am sure your surgeon will let you know what you need to have. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Compression garment after tummy tuck

In my practice, the compression garment after tummy tuck is provided.  You would need to check though with your own surgeon.

Arnold S. Breitbart, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garments

Hi ~ Great question. It is important to follow your surgeons postoperative instructions. Most surgeons recommend wearing a compression garment that is provided at the end of surgery. You should clarity with your surgeon that they provide them and how long to wear it.  We tell our patients to wear them for 4 weeks after a tummy tuck.

Michael Hromadka, MD
Kalispell Physician

Compression garment

I would consult with your surgeon and follow their recommendations because each surgeon has their own preferences. The binder/compression garment is placed on you at the end of your procedure. I usually recommend Marena garments to my patients and have had positive results and feedback from them. Best of luck.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your upcoming procedure. I recommend wearing a compression garment for 4 - 6 weeks following tummy tuck surgery. Marena makes quality post operative support garments and I place my patients in the garment in the Operating Room. You should discuss your question with your board certified plastic surgeon as different surgeons often have different protocols. Hope this helps!

Compression garment.

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your upcoming surgery.  Each surgeon will have their own recommended surgical garment and I would reach out to your surgeon's office to discuss.  If they have you order your own garment you can go through Marena to find one that would work best for you.  Hope this helps.