Is the indention after Smart Lipo from the compression garment permanent?

I had neck and chin liposuction two months ago I wore my compression headband for 6 weeks as my ps instructed me to. I now have two indention's one on each cheek from where the headband touched my cheeks. Is this permanent? I haven't worn my compression headband for 3 weeks. Is there anything I can do about it?

SmarLipo and compression garment

Thank you for your question. Being that the compression garment is worn only for a limited time, any indention is not permanent. It may take some time to completely vanish but rest assured with time, it will disappear. Hope this helps. Best, Dr.Katz

Chin liposuction.

We typically have our patients wear their compression garments after chin liposuction for less than 2 weeks. The chin and neck tend to heal very quickly.  So 6 weeks would be a little unusual.  The good thing is that irregularities caused by garments typically resolve on their own with time.

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Fat Grafting--Fillers (Juvederm, Restylane)--Consult and Expert

I suggest speaking to your physician, it is common to be swollen for weeks to months after liposuction procedures. If you feel like volume was lost during your procedure causing dents it can be added back with fat grafting, resorbable filler (Juvederm, Restylane), or Sculptra/Radiesse.  Best, Dr. Emer.