Looking for surgeons that perform breast augmentation surgery on transgender females? (Photos)

Hello my name is Cristal I'm a transgender female I been on hormones for 2 yrs my breast size is a a full b cup

Two options for Breast Augmentation

Thanks for your photos and informations. 

You will benefit from an areaolar incision or an inframammarial fold incision. To be a full B cup (as I do not think that you are now a B cup)  I would advise to you 325-375 cc gel filled anatomical implants. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience in Transgender surgeries. 

Good luck...

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

South Florida has quite a large TG population therefore we see MANY TG patients - for breast and other procedures. There are some small differences in the procedures from a technical point of view than in the genetic female, but these are really only considerations for the surgeon - basically the procedure is the same.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Looking for surgeons that perform breast augmentation surgery on transgender females?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Augmentation in transgender patients

There are some subtle differences in breast augmentation in transgender patients. I recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon who does a large volume of breast surgery. You should also seek a surgeon who is sensitive to your needs and supportive of transgender patients!

Neal Handel, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Doctor referrals for breast augmentation on transgender patients are best from other patients

I have a large number of MTF transgender patients in my practice, and they are truly some of my favorite patients.  The reason for this is that they are incredible networkers, and they are very caring people who are sensitive to the needs of other people going through the same things they are.  As a result of this, they rely on each other for help in finding resources they need, and one of those is a good plastic surgeon to help them with their transition procedures.  There are lots of qualified board certified plastic surgeons out there doing this type of work, but aside from technical proficiency, I think especially the transgender community is also looking for surgeons who understand their important issues and what their special needs are.  In my opinion, the best way for you to tell if a surgeon can not only perform the surgery satisfactorily, but can also connect with you on a personal level and be a part of your transition process is to check with any friends or contacts in the transgender community who you trust.  If you have friends who have had a positive experience with a particular surgeon, the chances are very likely that you will too.  It is important that a surgeon who is treating transgender patients not only understand the technical nuances of the procedure (it's actually a little different than breast augmentation on cis females), but he or she should also understand what transgender people are going through, be respectful of that, and be comfortable discussing the types of issues that may arise.  If you are not able to find a surgeon through personal contacts or referrals this way, I would suggest checking with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons at plasticsurgery.org or The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery at surgery.org, as these two organizations represent board certified plastic surgeons only, and they will be the best equipped to help you.  Best of luck.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. I specialize in Breast Augmentation and have operated on many Transgender patients.I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can look at before/after pictures on their websites and Real Self pages prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast Augmentation for Transgender

Thank you for your question Cristal.  You should have no problem finding a highly trained board certified plastic surgeon to do your surgery.  A good place to start is with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) for a listing of highly experienced surgeons in your area.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast Augmentation for Transgender

Thank you so much for your question Cristal. You will not have difficulty finding a surgeon in your area that performs breast augmentation for transgender females. This surgery is becoming so popular! I would highly advise you consult with a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON for best results and expertise. Best of luck to you!

Transgender Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. This surgery has become more common and I don't think you will have difficulty finding a qualified Plastic Surgeon for your procedure. I recommend that you research Plastic Surgeons in your area who specialise in breast augmentation and who's results appeal to you then contact them to set up a consultation.
All the best

Breast augmentation for transgender woman

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • To find a surgeon, start with those near you by going to the web site of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. All members will be Board Certified.
  • Call those in your area to find which of them do transgender augmentations.
  • At your consultation, go with some wish photos of the look you want to achieve.
  • Depending on skin looseness and muscle thickness, over the muscle implants may look more female.
  • At times, a breast expander is needed to stretch the tissues before a final implant is placed.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS