Would I be able to have perkier breasts from just a lift? Or would I need implants as well? (Photos)

I've lost about 40 pounds over the past 4 years, and while my breasts have always been more on the saggy side, they have lost a lot of volume and have begun to sag a little more than before. On most days it seems that even the best push-up bra out there can not make my breasts look full/perky. My weight loss journey isn't over, but I am curious as to what it will take to change the appearance of my breasts. Which procedure or combination of procedures would I benefit from the most?

Would I be able to have perkier breasts from just a lift? Or would I need implants as well?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your weight loss.A breast lift will improve breast shape but the addition of a breast implant will improve fullness, firmness and a perkier look. Please see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Please read below:

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Lift and augmentation

Congratulations on your steady weight loss!  Your photos show significant sagging, therefore you’d probably benefit more from a lift and implants, rather than implants alone. This would make your breasts perkier and give you more fullness in the upper portion.

How to get "Perky" breasts

Thank you for your question and photos.  From your photos, you have lost a lot of the fullness in the upper breast.  The only way to restore this is with implants.  A lift will tighten the skin and adjust the nipple position, but will not add more fullness to the upper aspect of the breast.  So, depending on your idea of "perky", often adding implants will give you a much fuller and "perkier" look.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Congratulations on your weight loss. You have both sagging and loss of volume. If you want to address both issues, a breast lift with an implant will be the better choice. You don't appear to be a good candidate for an implant alone as you seem to have too much sagging and you won't like the look afterwards.

Breast lift / implants

Thank you for your question.  A breast lift would be able to lift your breasts and nipple position, make your breasts perkier and round, improve symmetry and adjust areola size.  Addition of implants to the lift can increase size, improve upper pole fullness and cleavage.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Would I be able to have perkier breasts from just a lift?

From the wording of your question it seems you are looking for more volume thus implants are necessary. From your photos you also need a lift but minimal skin reduction, therefore the periareolar lift to reposition the nipples without lifting the breast and implants to give volume.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question. Congratulations on your weight loss!  A breast lift will reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance.  Breast Implants will enhance volume loss. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breasts after weight loss.

Usually after significant weight loss the skin envelope is full and the breast volume somewhat deflated. We find the best results are with a breast lift combined with an implant for shape as well as restored volume.

Do I need a Breast Lift?

From your photos you appear to have tuberous sagging/deflated breasts with asymmetry. For a nice correction, the breast construction would need to be released, a well chosen breast implant places to volumize the breasts and the sagging corrected with a lift.
Dr. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN