Is it ok to get a mammogram 1 1/2 wks after Tummy tuck?

Surgery is in the morning. Had my annual exam today and doc felt a nodule she wants to have checked out, plus I'm turning 40 and would be due to get one anyway. She scheduled it for June 22. Should I wait until I'm farther along in the healing process?

Mammogram following surgery

Thank you for your question!  
I would suggest you push your mammogram out to at least 3 weeks post surgery. The reason is some of my patients have a bit of difficulty standing straight up immediately following the procedure.  This is due to pulling the skin taut over the muscles. In your mammogram, the tech will want you to be able to stand straight to get the best view possible.  If it can wait, I believe you will be more comfortable having the exam done later in your recovery.
Best of luck with your procedure!

Mammogram following surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question!  
Best of luck with your procedure!

If you need it - do it.

There is no reason why you shouldn't have a mammogram.  Mention to the technician that you just had recent surgery. 

Elliot Duboys, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

If you need it - do it.

Elliot Duboys, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

T a mammogram 1 1/2 wks after Tummy tuck?

Thank you for the question. There is no contraindications in having a mammogram 1.5 weeks post TT. However, this maybe very uncomfortable for you.  Unless this is urgent I would wait and also notify radiology that you had a recent surgery so they can allocate additional time. It also good to discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Yes. I do not know of any contraindication to getting a mammogram after you have had a tummy tuck. I would check with your surgeon to make sure but I can not see why it would matter. 

No problem at all Just Precaution

Hello, Thanks for the question

There shouldn't be a problem for you to have a mammogram, just let the personal know about your surgery for the precautions that should be taken.

Best of lucks.

Disnalda Matos, MD

No problem at all Just Precaution

Hello, Thanks for the question

Best of lucks.

Disnalda Matos, MD

Mammogram and tummy tuck

There is no reason that you should wait to obtain a mammogram. I would encourage you to have this performed as soon as possible if you have a palpable nodule. You should mention to the radiology technician that you've had recent surgery so that they can better help you to be comfortable throughout the process. Best of luck.

Mammogram and tummy tuck

Mammogram after tummy tuck

There should be no problem - especially if there is concern you have a nodule that needs checking out. 

Mammogram after tummy tuck