When can I continue doing yoga?

I am having my 380/400 cc implants removed with local in one month. I do yoga daily and was curious as to how long I will need to relax and stay off my daily yoga routine?

When can I continue doing yoga?

Thank you for your question. I would suggest you run this
question by your plastic surgeon given that he/she will be ultimately responsible
for your care and will know your situation and the operation performed
intimately. Each individual surgeon has their own post-operative
instructions. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi. An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon
is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Yoga post op

You should probably ask your surgeon as your surgeon is the best person to answer your question on basis of your medical history. 

Breast Augmentation / Breast Implants / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Activity after breast implant removal

You should ask your surgeon what he or she recommends. I tell my patients to take it easy for a week. If at three weeks their post-op evaluation is normal, they can return to the gym and yoga. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after BA

Thank you for youe question.

Recovery after a breast augmentation can be very straight forward with the right surgeon. Precise technique with minimal trauma leads to little pain after surgery, with many of our patients going out for dinner the same night as surgery. Every surgeon will have his/her own preferences as to recovery for specific procedures. I have patients wear a soft bra after breast augmentation for a few weeks to splint everything, and at that point the scars are generally very stable and we move to normal bras (or none) and long term scar management. Most important is a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon regarding this procedure. Don’t settle for less!

When can I continue doing yoga?

Thank you for your question. If you are only removing your implants, and no additional surgical work is being performed, then you could return to yoga in approximately 2-4 weeks.  For the first two weeks the incision site is not yet strong enough to allow free range of motion of your upper arms and chest, and the risk for bleeding is a bit higher.  Hope this helps. 

Resuming yield a after a breast augmentation.

In my practice you would be permitted to begin yoga as soon as the sutures removed after the operation-about five days. The breast would have to be totally uninvolved in this however. After four weeks, without complications, full athletic activity is permitted.

Return to yoga

If the procedure only involves removal of the implants without a lift and reinsertion of new implants then you should be able to return to yoga in 2 weeks. You should however, ask the plastic surgeon that performs your procedure.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Recovery

To remove an implant is a personal choice. I discuss with my patients to allow 4 weeks to heal prior to doing any exercise at all. Sometimes a little less than placement of the implant as compared to removal. 

Frank J. Ferraro, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Returning to yoga

Thank you for the question.    Generally speaking I would expect you to be able to return to yoga after about 2 weeks, however It is
important for you to follow the instruction of your surgeon he/she should give you an exact time.    best of luck

Ivor B. Kaplan, MD
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon