Will SculpSure work on a flabby stomach?

SculpSure Benefits

Without seeing a photo it will be difficult to determine if you are a good candidate or not.
SculpSure is a hyperthermic laser fat removal device that works by using laser energy into your areas that need improvement. It uses heat instead of cold (Cool Sculpting) to get rid of the fat cells. That heat also helps promote collagen for tighter skin. It can be problematic if you have a lot of loose skin  and therefore may want to consider surgical options. 
Consult with your doctor on determining what would work best for you.

Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks. 
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling. 
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat. 
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment. 
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

Flabby Tummy

I would expect SculpSure to work on a flabby stomach. The 25-minute treatment permanently destroys up to 24% of fat cells in the treated. There are very few contraindications and no non-responders have been reported yet. I would recommend seeing a Board-Certified Dermatologist to determine if this is the best procedure for you; as you may benefit from Vanquish, Viora Reaction, or possibly be a better candidate for a more invasive procedure.

SculpSure can provide an average of 25% reduction in fat in targeted areas in appropriate candidates

Without seeing a photo it is hard to say if SculpSure would be a good option for your “flabby” stomach. Generally, SculpSure works best on localized, small areas of stubborn fat. It only addresses subcutaneous fat under the skin, not visceral fat around the organs. SculpSure can provide an average of 25% reduction in fat in targeted areas in appropriate candidates, but it is not considered a skin tightening procedure. Please see a board-certified dermatologist for a consultation to see if you are a good candidate for this procedure.

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

SculpSure for "flabby stomach"

It depends on what is causing the "flabbiness".  It's important to understand that SculpSure is designed to treat the fatty layer of the abdomen only.  It is ideal for patients who are at or near their ideal body weight and I would say well below BMI of 30.  It really doesn't address the skin or muscle laxity that often comes after pregnancy and weight loss.  For those patients, a procedure like a tummy-tuck or mini-tummy tuck may be more appropriate.  It's difficult to determine which category you might fall into without a photograph or actual exam.  SculpSure is a fantastic procedure, but it may not be appropriate to address your specific concerns.   I would recommend you consult with an expert who performs BOTH procedures and who can honestly make a recommendation as to which procedure is best for you.  Hope this helps!

Great Question!

SculpSure focuses on fat reduction without downtime.  It is difficult to answer your question without a proper physical evaluation to determine if your area of concern is truly fat or loose skin. Patients with a BMI of 30 and patients wanting to contour problematic areas considered ideal candidates, although my practice treats patients with higher BMI who have been satisfied with their results. Your best bet would be to meet with a skilled and experienced surgeon who can evaluate your medical history and perform a physical evaluation to determine if SculpSure or another surgical option would be right for you.

Vu Ho, MD
Plano Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure for flabby stomach

Thank you for your question. The ideal candidate for SculpSure is a patient with a BMI under 30. We have treated many patients with a higher BMI and they are pleased with their results. SculpSure is not skin tightening, so depending if the "flabby stomach" is a loss of laxity of the skin or if it is fat, determining these factors first will determine whether you are a good candidate for SculpSure or not.

Post some pictures, this way the professionals can take a look and advise you if SculpSure is the right treatment for you. 

SculpSure treatment

Ideal candidates for SculpSure are patients with BMI under 30 with areas of stubborn fat. Difficult to comment if you are a good candidate for the procedure without seeing your picture. In general patients with loose skin and higher BMI are not good candidates for this noninvasive procedure and may need surgical treatments to address loose skin. 

Sara Yegiyants, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure Indications

Sculpsure is a noninvasive method of reducing up to 24% of fat cells in a treatment area with a 25 minute treatment. The machine utilizes a 1060 nm laser diode, via flat treatment pads to deliver the energy, which is felt by the patient as a series of heating and cooling cycles. It is best understood as a fat elimination device, not necessarily a skin tightener, and not a method of weight loss.  In my experience, the skin accommodates the reduction in fat without a deformity and the result looks very natural.  Whether or not you are a candidate for this treatment requires a consultation. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure and flabby abdomen.

Hard to say without proper photos, and a face to face assessment. Generally we advise that the ideal candidate should have a BMI less than 30+. 

Sculpsure is designed to reduce FAT, by up to 24% in one session, its is not designed to tighten skin (though if you get this 'secondary effect' its considered a bonus). For non invasive skin tightening Themage maybe suitable. 

If you have lots of excess skin, surgical options are best. A one to one consult will determine what treatment is best for you. 

Cheers

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 
FIORI INSTITUTE 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist