Minoxidil won't regrow frontal hair loss in women? (Photo)

I get different opinions on whether minoxidil will actually help regrow hair in the frontal or temple areas. Many say it won't help at all as it was never tested for this area. ?

Minoxidil for female #hairloss

Although usually it works mostly in the mid scalp to crown area, it can also be effective in the frontal hair line. You can use it under doctors' supervision for a few months to see if it works for you. 

Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Minoxidil for women

I recommend 5% Minoxidi for women. I'd start out using it once a day, e/o day, as it resets the growth cycle you may notice some shedding. Keep using it, each week building up to daily and then 2x daily as recommended. I encourage patient to use Minoxidi to stop the hairloss. Therefore, even if you don't see regrowth it's a win, since it should stop on-going hair loss.

Craig Barbieri, MD
Overland Park Phlebologist

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Spironolactone

I suggest you see an expert for a formal evaluation to determine what is causing your hair thinning/loss. There are many different non-invasive options for treating hair loss. Rogaine works well for hair loss, but best in combination with PRP/ progesterone. Transplantation is another option. Best, Dr. Emer

Minoxidil and fronttal hair loss in women

Rarely, does minoxidil regrow a full frontal female hairline. It may be worth a try, but be careful about allowing the minoxidil to run down your forehead as it may cause hair to grow there and on your face

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Minoxidil

Minoxidil, 5%, is worth trying for one year. If there is no improvement, discontinue it. Be sure there is no condition other than hereditary hair loss that you are dealing with. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon