Miniature hairs appearing along former hairline after traction alopecia?

I'm a 18 year old male that suffers from mild trichotillomania due to depression. I've seen a psychiatrist and have stopped the self-destructive behavior, though much hair around my temples has already fallen out. I have began to apply Minoxidil to the temples twice a day, and, after three months, I'm beginning to see small, blond (I'm dark-headed) hairs appear along my former hairline. Will these develop into full hairs?

Hair growth

Thank you for your question. I cannot fully answer your question without seeing your hair or photos, but it sounds like the small, blond hairs you are seeing are vellus hairs. Vellus hairs are new hair growth and depending on the cause of the hair loss, they grow in extremely fine and light colored. Over time, they may or may not regain color and thickness. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your hair and scalp evaluated. Take care and good luck.