Do you think juvederm would help my under eye bags? (Photo)

Under Eye Area

We prefer Juvederm Voluma or Restylane Lyft for the under eye area. Both of these fillers work well to combat volume loss, giving that sunken appearance that comes with age. These fillers last 1-2 years depending on the product chosen.

Columbus Physician

Under eye filler

You do have some loss of volume under your eyes which adds to that "hollowed" appearance which can be improved with filler. You also have some fat pad herniation under your eyes creating that slight bulge of your lower eyelid which is best treated with surgery. I use Restylane to fill in under the eyes since it has much less incidence of long term swelling compared to Juvederm. I recommend starting with filler since you may get enough benefit that you may not need surgery until later. Please consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for treatment. Best wishes.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

I suggest a formal consultation as fillers, lasers, microneedling/prp do well for this area. I avoid juvederm here due to the swelling.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Restylane for under eyes

I prefer to use Restylane to fill the under eye area.  Juvederm tends to cause more swelling than Restylane in this area.  I inject with a cannula instead of a sharp needle.  Usually there is minimal bruising and minimal downtime with my technique.  Surgery is also an option but certainly more invasive and more costly.Regards,Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Best under eye filler...

Juvederm is not a great filler to place under the eye because it is hydrophilic (meaning it can attract water and cause unpredictable swelling).  The dark circle that you see under your eye is actually a shadow being cast by by a small bulge of fat that has formed over time. There are two ways to address this. One option is non-surgically with fillers like restylane or belotero (not Juvederm). The filler would be placed in the shadowed hollow so that it would be at the same level as the fat bulge to camouflage the problem. This would need to be repeated every 9-12 months or so. The other option is surgical.  From the photographs, you appear to be a better surgical candidate. It would involve removing the excess fat so that the bulge is reduced to the level of the shadow. This is a longer lasting option and can be done under local anesthesia. I would recommend consultation with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon. I wish you well!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Would Juvederm help under eye bags

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph. Restylane is more effective for treating under eye bags then Juvederm. With this said, it appears that you probably would benefit by having blepharoplasty more than injection of fillers. See an expert in this delicate region of the face.  Good luck,