Too old for some hair treatments to work for FPHL? (Photo)

I a female in early 40's with female aga. I noticed that many drs. on here only say they recommend acell+prp for people in their 20's. Is that because healing slows as we age? Am I too "old" for this procedure to show improvement or at least stabilize my hair loss?

Never too old :-)

Hello!

If you still heal when you cut yourself then you can have PRP treatment. 

The reason for doing it when you're younger is because your follicles aren't as small as they potentially are at your age. 

If you're in good health otherwise, you should have a go.

Best of luck

Too old for PRP; ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, the effectiveness of PRP is related to the amount of hair present , the duration of hair loss and the degree of androgenic stimulation. You need a PRP expert. They will give you expectations based upon your history and examination. Most women in their forties, who have not lost an extensive amount of hair, are  good candidates for PRP. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Spironolactone

PRP and progesterone with spironolactone work great to this area. I suggest you see an expert for treatment and evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.