I am a mom of 3 wonderful kids and I want to know if smartlipo is right for me. I have a hernia above my belly button. (photos)

So dont know if it will be affected and yes I am done with having more little angels :) (if you look at my tummy more closely you will see like it curved in...yea a surgeon did that to my tummy trying to remove my appendix. I really really need my nice figure back. And I am prone to keloids. Any advice on that? And what surgery is right for me. Thank you and God bless u

Smartlipo vs tummy tuck.

With a hernia and the amount of looseness sen in your belly, smartlipo is not for you.  A tummy tuck and hernia repair would be best.

Cedar Park Family Physician

Tummy

Hi,

I would recommend a tummy tuck procedure for your best results. Liposuction can also be done with this procedure

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician

Tummy tuck

SmartLipo is not the right procedure for you. You need a tummy tuck. See link below for more information.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Smart Lipo for abdominal fat

You are absolutely not a candidate for liposuction The main problem that you have is a muscle separation or diastasis  recti   This is giving you the Pot belly . What you need is an Abdominoplasty with full muscle repair. It is not possible to tell from the pictures whether you also have a significant amount of fat under the muscle. Most likely before you have the tummy tuck you will need to lose some weight to make room for the contents of your  abdomen after the tightening.  With the proper procedure you can expect to have an excellent result. Best of luck to you 

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

You are a tummy tuck poster child

The entire shape of your potbelly is the product of a diastasis - a midline separation of your abdominal "six pack" muscles and it was produced by the stretching that you experienced with your pregnancies. It has nothing to do with your appendix. The only way to achieve a flat tummy when you have a diastasis is to sew it back together and the only way to sew it back together is with a tummy tuck. Your hernia can be repaired at the same time, but nothing else will work. Keloids or not , it's your only option.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- With Hernia, Keloids

A 4D HI DEFINITION would be best if you are seeking fat removal and contouring. I suggest having the umbilical hernia repaired during the liposuction procedure. Regarding keloids, I have never seen anyone develop scarring from liposuction it self, from cutting the skin you can.  you will need skin removed as well.  as much weight loss as possible first will give you a much better outcome. I suggest you see an expert for an evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer