Breast Implant Options for Saggy Breasts Without Breast Lift? (photos)

I'm 25 with two children that I breast feed and I'm want a breast augmentation without a lift and I just need some advice on what I should do. Want a large breast, maybe like 600cc in each one!

Longer, Lower, Heavier Breasts

As I think all the surgeons have stated, a breast implant alone will result in a longer, lower, and heavier breast that will be harder to correct as time goes by.  A lift is a trade of the scars for a better size and shape and if you don't like the tradeoff, it's better to do no surgery at all.

This is the most common question I get in my office and the answer is simple. It depends on you. I divide the patients into 3 categories. 

1. Patient who only need implants. For these patients, the easiest way to determine what they want is based on a "wish pic." Try to find a picture of someone who has a similar body to you beforehand. Discussions about cup size or how natural or unnatural rarely help. I even had a patient tell me she wants completely natural breast in the C cup range just like Pamela Anderson.

2. Patients who can have a lift or just an implant. I have found 50% want the former and 50% want the latter. Their nipples may sit at or just above the inframammary fold. For the ones that want a lift, they usually specifically say they want their nipples to be higher and the whole breast to sit higher on their chests. For the one who only want an implant, they usually don't care about the nipple position and prefer to have large implants without the extra scars from a lift. These patients may be little saggy but their wish pictures are also someone who is a little saggy and they like the "natural" appearance of tear-dropped shaped breasts. 

3. Patients who need a lift. Their nipples may be below the inframammary fold or pointing down. Usually these patients also need an implant.

A lift with implants may be necessary to achieve your goals.

Thank you for your question and photos. I can completely understand the desire to avoid a breast lift and just have an augmentation. However, if a lift is truly needed but not included with the addition of implants, you will likely be dissatisfied with the results. Based on your photos, you already have a significant amount of sagging and the additional weight of implants can exacerbate the problem, particularly if you want very large implants. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to thoroughly discuss your options, but I suspect that the only course of action you’ll ultimately be happy with is a lift/augmentation combination. Best of luck!

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy with Augmentation

Thank you for your question. It appears to me that you would greatly benefit from a lift with breast implants. The implants will also look much more natural with the mastopexy (lift). As always, please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck!

Mary Jo Wright, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

You will need breast lift for good results from breast surgery

You will not have good results just from implants. 600 cc implants will overstretch your skin and will be harmful in long term. Have a breast lift with reasonable sized implants. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast lift

Implants do not lift the breast. Possibly initially they may feel a little lifted but over a short time they will be just larger, heavier breasts. Possibly even more sagging noted over time as well. Think about it like this... Your skin couldn't support your native breast tissue... it most likely will not be able to support 600 additional cc of weight. Your should find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in breast surgery. They will have more experience with breast lifting both with and without implants. Best of Luck to you.

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD, FACS

Implants to lift breast

Implants unfortunately do not lift the breast and can actually cause more droop due to stretching of the tissue and the weight of the implant.  It is important to see a plastic surgeon so he can exam you and explain the issues with your breast and what will work the best.

Breast augmentation surgery

Thanks for your question. It's very common after breastfeeding and pregnancy to have some deflation of the breasts. A breast augmentation with implants will be able to add volume, however it will not correct skin excess or skin stretching on its own. The best option to help treat saggy skin is with a use of a breast lift that can be combined with implants if you so choose. Best of luck, and I hope this helps.

Ian MacArthur, MD, FRCSC
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Correcting Deflated Sagging Breasts

A sagging Deflated breast cannot be corrected by the addition of s breast implant. While such an implant would add some volume and correct some of the deflation it could never adequately lift the breast but WILL result in thinning of the bottom of the breast and cause a worsening of the sag. The only way to correct the sag is to perform a Breast Lift with or without implants. 
Dr. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN

Breast Implant Options for Saggy Breasts Without Breast Lift?

Implants alone do not adequately lift the breast when there is significant sagging, no matter the size or the type, and will not produce a good cosmetic result in a patient who also needs some variation of a lift. Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest.
I would suggest your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person and be very realistic about your potential cosmetic result. 
Robert Singer, MD FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon