What type of nose job do I need ? (Photos)

I like my nose for the most part. However there is a little bump on the sides of my nose that really bother me. I did some research and I think, it is called the Supra Alar Crease. I have circled it on my nose just to be safe. I am wondering what sort of surgery I'd have to undergo to remove them.

Rhinoplasty priorities

If you are truly happy with your present nose and these minor protrusions above the alar creases are the only issue...you could have excision of the sesamoid cartilages and/or some soft tissue in that area through an internal incision. The possible, but unlikely, undesired consequence would be a possible mild loss of support to the tip projection which to some degree rides on these sesamoid cartilages. HOWEVER, based on the photos of the noses you like, you would need less rounding and more definition and more projection of the tip to get close to the more narrow and elegant appearance of those noses that you have posted. It is common for patients to need some guidance to see what actually is going to make them happy and imaging is useful for this purpose. You certainly can have those alar crease bumps improved, but get a consult with a holistic experienced rhinoplasty surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or Facial Plastic Surgery/ ENT to avoid focusing on only a partial solution.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Nose job, what kind do I need?

HI Wanderlust, Thanks for your question and photos. I think it depends on what REALISTIC expectations you want to achieve. I think a formal rhinoplasty is necessary to remove the extra cartilage or fatty tissue that bothers you and some dorsal augmentation to get the look of your desired outcomes. Please see someone that enjoys rhinoplasty surgery. Good Luck
All the best, Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS, @rhinoplasty @goodoutcome Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Goals

Your nose can be improved with rhinoplasty surgery but you will need more than removal of those bumps to achieve a significant difference. Consult with an experienced specialist.

Tip rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. .  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

What type of nose job do I need ?

The appearance of your nose can be improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty through either a closed or open approach. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an examination and discussion about desired outcome. No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would be worthwhile.  
Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue. 
Robert Singer, MD FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

While it's not possible to give you exactly the same nose as someone else, it is possible to incorporate the same aesthetic themes to your nose.  It is possible to increase the height, projection and definition of your nose to be similar to the photos you have posted, while still being in harmony with your facial features and remaining feminine.  If you want the best idea of what is possible for your nose, do your due diligence, find an experienced surgeon, and have him/her evaluate you in person and discuss your options. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD